No go

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#31 Post by chigger81 »

Originally posted by wistech
This might be a long shot but is your flywheel key still in the groove and still lined up with the c on cannondale.

Ive had it out to check twice. I lost the original key, made one to timbo's specs, then I thought I found the original key, but it wasnt it, so Im still using my homade key. Its darn near perfect acording to a digital micrometer, but I think I will get a stock one put back in. Its kinda funny, I dont have a puller, so I go to this guys lawn mower shop and use his. Ive done it 3 times, I think he is starting to wonder if Im ok up there. biggrin.gif

Edit: I just got a new key, so I guess I will be going to the lawn mower shop once more. biggrin.gif I took the bike to abbotts cycles and he told me he wouldnt work on it. He continued telling me how cannondales were crap and that he loves his new gas gases. He even took time to show me how the sleeves in cdales crack down the sides from the hole that is drilled to deep, but yet he "just didnt have time to look at it" Hes being a **** cause I didnt have him do my engine work, so now I guess he doesnt want to do business with me. rolleyes.gif

chigger81

#32 Post by chigger81 »

I left it airing out and on the battery charger last night. I put it back together today and re-adjusted the idle screw to where timbo's was. My flywheel keyway is lined up with the C on Cannondale.

I cranked on it for a while, started getting some pops from the exaust rather than just cranking over. Probably got 20 pops in the 5 or so minutes of cranking I got, but the thing is still not starting?? I havent touched the adjustment on the front of the ecu, but I dont know if it would help me at this point. My plug seems about normal to me when I take it out after cranking? Is starting fluid ok or is that a "no no" for a new engine?

azcannon

#33 Post by azcannon »

bad idea, starting fluid wont fix the problem.
Iff it is n proper order it will start fine.
You are getting lots of pops you probably have 1 injector firing and the other not keep tapping with a screwdriver till they get unstuck and it fires up ( try for a few minutes anyways ) then you might try the throttle movement again

jesshamner

#34 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Did you try swapping out coils with another bike?  I know you tested the voltage going to it and said that you got a spark, but try swapping it out with a coil that works for sure.

chigger81

#35 Post by chigger81 »

Jesshamner - According to the tests, my coil is fine, It was a connection between the hot wire and the coil. I bent the prongs slightly outward and it sparks now. The coil was showing .6 ohms of resistance which is what the book says its supposed to have. - thanks for all your help so far guys!! biggrin.gif

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

If the quad ran before the engine removal chances are its an install problem. Go back and triple check you have all the wires properly connect to the right places . Fuel lines routed to the correct fittings, ground terminals in the correct spot.

jesshamner

#37 Post by jesshamner »

I'm just saying that you could definitley rule it out by swapping them out. I had one that looked like it should work but it didn't.