Question on updating 02 speed??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondaleMx24

Question on updating 02 speed??

#1 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

I was about to trade my 400ex for a 02 speed. Motor is bone stock, has dual battery setup and b+M kit. Everything else has not been touched. What updates need to be done and who can do them ( i do not work on 4-strokes, i have only rebuilt a blaster top end and put in clutch basket) I live in cleveland. Is this c-dale even worth my ex? How much am i looking at for updates?
Its going to be raced at nationals next year in 4-stroke and proudction b class. IM going to be riding the piss out of it and i dont want anything to break.

Anything else i should look for?

cdalerider75

#2 Post by cdalerider75 »

quote "IM going to be riding the piss out of it and i dont want anything to break. "

I don't know any ATV that won't break if you ride the piss out of it!!!

Lets put it this way, if something breaks or you have a motor "can't start" issue... Post your issue.. I bet in like max 5 mins you will have people responding to your post trying to get you back up and going.

Do you get that with anyother bike???

I would pick it up...

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

cannondaleMx24, sounds like you have heard about some of the updates that we do to the dales. Here is my way of looking at it. Once you get it have it torn all the way down and do all the updates. That way you have the peace of mind knowing it will run the best it can without worrying about the crank going or any of the bolts backing out and ruining your day.

If you know the cannondales had issues and are willing to work through those problems you will get a great quad that will rarely dissappoint you. I have 2 and have never not been able to ride when I wanted to.

Doug and Tim do great work with these motors and can prob get you in and out with a couple weeks depending on what all had to be done to the motor. Money wise......I would expect the worst and then you can not be dissapointed.

my updates:
crank--z400 bearing
stage 8
decomp mech inpection
reshimming to tighter specs
shift shaft space
oil line
motor mount
gripper seat cover-- A MUST!! :head:

cannondaleMx24

#4 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

Originally posted by cdalerider75
quote "IM going to be riding the piss out of it and i dont want anything to break. "

I don't know any ATV that won't break if you ride the piss out of it!!!

Lets put it this way, if something breaks or you have a motor "can't start" issue... Post your issue.. I bet in like max 5 mins you will have people responding to your post trying to get you back up and going.

Do you get that with anyother bike???

I would pick it up...

Thanx guys and im going to call up haydug or tim and get prices on everything. My 400ex hasnt treated me wrong but its just too slow ecspecially
for nationals

O yeah it was the d+m not b+m

cannondaleMx24

#5 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

ok guys now im trading for an 03 cannibal that has stage 8 updates and oil line updates. Lol i keep changin my mind. Where is tim and haydug located at? ( i know their 2 seperate buinesses)

How long of a wait should i expect to have motor sent to tim to be balanced and z400 crank installed? how much $$$ ?

Anything else i need to look out for? Im going to buy the motor mount update off of ebay.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

to give you a quick idea of cost.....~$125 for z400 bearing +crank work if the crank is still good. A new stocker crank will run $385 and a stroker will be $475. There is absolutely no way of knowing if the crank alreay has wear on it until you tear it apart.

cannondaleMx24

#7 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

alright thanx man. Thats cheap !!!

Looks like ill be buying it and maybe put a couple hours on the machine making sure i like it maybe race it once in the woodsmen class and then send the motor to Timbo.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

that was just the price of the crank itself. The labor for the motor work is on top of that. Its very comparable to what you would expect to pay anywhere else.

cannondaleMx24

#9 Post by cannondaleMx24 »

o....when he said crank work i thought he meant labor

Cdalerider03

#10 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Originally posted by Happyboy
to give you a quick idea of cost.....~$125 for z400 bearing +crank work if the crank is still good.  A new stocker crank will run $385 and a stroker will be $475.  There is absolutely no way of knowing if the crank alreay has wear on it until you tear it apart.

Yes he does, its like 45 for the bearing, and then he said "for z400 bearing+crank work if the crank is still good " But if the crank isnt, then it will cost you 385+shipping from brad at Blackwidow...and then just send the motor and crank to doug or timbo and they will have it setup and running nice!!