300 hr motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speed 450mx

#31 Post by speed 450mx »

1)Whatever glad your the almighty math teacher but my math equals 300 so I really dont care how you feel or what you think

2) I am not saying that you dont need the Z bearing just that this motor lasted for four years a hard riding and racing

3)You can belive what you want. If you think you so bad then why dont you come down with you high hp motor and we will see how hard I ride

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

Well it is Valentines day but Im not that way tongue.gif

aroracer72

#33 Post by aroracer72 »

WOW, is all im gonna say about the argueing........

Anyways, i have some questions...that may help all of us maybe make our motors last longer or convince others to do better maintenence....

1) How often did you change your oil A)Tranny B)Engine

2)What class racing do you do???

3)What updates did you do...you had to do at least one or two.

4) Were did you sign a deal with the devil to make your quad last that long???!!! tongue.gif

Deffinately cool the motor lasting that long.
Chad

Guy310

#34 Post by Guy310 »

Take it easy on Steve there, tough guy. He is just spouting off. He doesn't take these things personally, he just tries to help people out. As far as riding fast goes, everybody talks a good game on the internet, you guys should have a showdown at the spring group ride. I think that win or lose, Steve would take you on and be a gracious winner or loser.

speed 450mx

#35 Post by speed 450mx »

QUOTE (aroracer72 @ Feb 14 2007, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW, is all im gonna say about the argueing........

Anyways, i have some questions...that may help all of us maybe make our motors last longer or convince others to do better maintenence....

1) How often did you change your oil A)Tranny oil was silkolen I belive 75 or 85 dont have it in front of me its at the shop, every other race B)Engine oil was Maxias pure sintheic 5w 30 I belive, after every race and when we got back from LS OK.

2)What class racing do you do??? B class and when my brothers moto blew he rode it in the open 4 stroke most of both season because of SBM.
3)What updates did you do...you had to do at least one or two. all except the Z Bearing

4) Were did you sign a deal with the devil to make your quad last that long???!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Deffinately cool the motor lasting that long. Yea thats all I was trying to show with this
Chad

I cant get off work in May. I a firefighter on the vaction slots are take for those who have been there alot longer than me other wise I would.

Delaware152

#36 Post by Delaware152 »

The way this post has turned is exactly why some people have stopped posting. The guy posts some pictures of what his motor looks like with a lot of time and only gets criticized. He is even challenged to go to the group ride. What is that going to prove. Speed 450mx I totally agree with your thinking of not pulling a perfectly good running motor apart. I can say in my 5 years of racing C-Dales I have never pulled a motor apart unless there was a problem. I even had a JE run for a season but nobody would probably believe me. Don't worry Speed450mx I was criticized before when defending the "low horsepower" motors I used. If I still have a C-Dale maybe I could fill in for you at the group ride and show a dyno # doesn't mean anything on a track.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

You had at least 3 cannondales so they got rotated usage wise.Wouldnt expect to have to do much at all for at least three years in that situation.Biggest reason I see to do a factory motor is bolts fall out.So while in there just take extra step of removing crank after all the bolts are out.

Smitty911

#38 Post by Smitty911 »

WOW, is all I can say, well maybe a little more. LOL

Slap that puppy back together for another 300+ hours, '27 will send you an HOUR METER Free.

If it isn't broke don't fix it. Sound advice. Have some of the motors failed prematurly, yup, have they all failed prematurly, Nope.

'27

You claimed to have apoligized for bashing him and than went on to why you still don't believe him, how is that an apoligy? At some point in life you will have to accept someones word.

Than you start on Deleware152.

Why would any want to Lie to you, that implies that they care about you.

I can respect your knowledge of the motors you have seen, but you havn't seen them all.

Smitty

Gets off soapbox that he is known for standing on. cool.gif

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

I have seen alot more motors than these guys making absurd claims.AFTER I apologized it was then said not to fix till its broke which you agree with Smitty?.That is why I started again.Always will.I gave hard numbers and got nothing but grief and a bunch of wishful thinking from some.This exact same argument has come up so many times.If I were Timbo I would stop Making rods for ungrateful people who REFUSE TO LISTEN and if you want stroker or even just upgrade and rod is shot well then its buy a new crank time just for rod.Pay your dues and do the upgrades or I have no pity for amount of $ and lost ride time that you will suffer not to mention contaminated frame which will haunt you for a long time.These motors ARE BROKE from factory day one.Just very dissappointed some still think they arent.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Smitty How did I go after Deleware152?I agree with alot he said.Including the challenge part.I never challenged anyone to a race.It would prove nothing.Most here are honest people who dont lie.But some here have thier heads in the sand in the Dont fix it till its broke department.Once again I make offer to

Speed450mx send me your crank out of motor shown. Mark it and rod so no funny stuff can happen.I will videotape me taking it apart and show pics of rod.If it is good I will pay to have Z400 installed if bad you get it back.So far I havent had anyone with over 30hrs win that bet maybe you will be first.I have never ripped anyone off and am sincere in this offer.