bearing installation...need help

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadman22

bearing installation...need help

#1 Post by quadman22 »

alright so my new case finally came in (thanks a ton Brad). Now i need to drop all the new bearings into it since none of them are in. So my plan is to freeze all the bearings and heat the case up in my oven to some degree. First question... will this work with all the bearings or do some need to be pressed in? Second question... how many degrees should i heat the case up to? thanks

-Dan

quadman22

#2 Post by quadman22 »

c'mon guys i'd really like to start rebuilding today:cry:

cdalerider75

#3 Post by cdalerider75 »

I am a little weary of giving you advice, but I am not that much of an ***.

I did a 2 min search using the word "heat" this is what I found

Good luck man.. you know my cell if you need to use it

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...&highlight=heat

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

When I did it last I just froze the bearings and heated the case a little. Have no idea what temps either, sorry. Then I pressed them in slowly. Worked like a charm. Getting them out's much harder but you already had that out of the way.

quadman22

#6 Post by quadman22 »

thanks... im gonna give it a try either today or tomorrow depending on how i feel (just got my wisdom teeth out) so im all perked out. Probably shouldnt be messing with the bike lol just cant help it though:hammer:

cdalerider75

#7 Post by cdalerider75 »

Originally posted by quadman22
thanks... im gonna give it a try either today or tomorrow depending on how i feel (just got my wisdom teeth out) so im all perked out. Probably shouldnt be messing with the bike lol just cant help it though:hammer:

SUCK IT UP!!! BE A MAN!!

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

We'll put the case in the oven at 250 and get it warm...leave the bearings in the freezer while she heats up...pull the case out and they should just drop right in smile.gif

quadman22

#9 Post by quadman22 »

so if all goes well i should be running by the end of this weekend. Of course im not planning on it cause i have absolutely NO luck with this bike:eek: but time will tell