Clutch adjustment help

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ATKnewbie

#11 Post by ATKnewbie »

The tech docs online are for a cable clutch, are there any differences when tearing down and installing a hydrolic clutch or are they the same?

quadman22

#12 Post by quadman22 »

make sure that little ball on the end of the push rod is in there. BTW... the nut backed off of my allen screw and the screw and nut ended up in the tranny. Probably a good thing tho because this led to me finding out a bunch of things that were wrong with my engine anyways.

ATKnewbie

#13 Post by ATKnewbie »

Starting to wish I had left it alone, need to have it running for this weekend!

ATKnewbie

#14 Post by ATKnewbie »

It has been running with this clutch in it for a while except for my recent adjustment.
Is there anything that could break, self destruct, etc... if I start it and try using the clutch or should I just tear it down?

ATKnewbie

#15 Post by ATKnewbie »

Heading home now to start working on this.
Does anyone see an issue with me starting it to see if the clutch is working before tearing it down?

61austin

#16 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by ATKnewbie
Heading home now to start working on this.
Does anyone see an issue with me starting it to see if the clutch is working before tearing it down?

Shouldn't be a problem, it worked before and all you did was adjust it so as long as you don't rip on it with the clutch slipping there should be no problem.

ATKnewbie

#17 Post by ATKnewbie »

With the allen screw turned out three turns I was able to turn the pressure plate by hand.
I turn the screw out one more ture which made the outside of the lock nut flush with the end of the allen screw, at four turns out I could no longer turn the pressure plate by hand.
I put the cover back on, added fresh fluid and took it for a quick spin.
The clutch feels good, but I am in a neighborhood and could not really open it up.
How do you really tell if it is set correctly?
Do I back it out more if the clutch slips at full throttle?? or ??