c'dales noisy?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JMaN05

c'dales noisy?

#1 Post by JMaN05 »

are cannondales supposed to be a noisy?? both a loud engine and loud exhaust stock??

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

The engine's one of the loudest out there and always sounds like it's ready to blow. Just another good thing about them. :cool: I've never ran a stock exhaust but people claim they're louder than most factory exhausts.

banzairx7

#3 Post by banzairx7 »

The cannibal and speed exhausts are pretty quiet. The engine on the other hand is not. At idle just imagine a 1/2 dozen BB's rolling around in the engine and that's what it should sound like. Above idle I think it sounds pretty **** sweet.

JMaN05

#4 Post by JMaN05 »

thats what im talking about...just checkin

also, if you dont really ride to much and just like maybe a hour a week, is a stage 8 and motor mount update good enough?? i just plan on riding very little with it....but when i do pretty fast, and not to hard.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

depends on who you talk to. If you were dropping the motor to do the stage 8 then you may as well spend a few more hours and do a z400 bearing upgrade and give the motor a 100% look over. But that is just me.

JMaN05

#6 Post by JMaN05 »

well, lets say 2 hrs a week, and kinda fast, maybe hard

JMaN05

#7 Post by JMaN05 »

happyboy-the motor has the stage 8 already done to it and has had the whole engine checked out and is supposed to be good. they said it was torn down around christmas ad thats when the update was done and that everything else was fine. also, only 10-15 hrs have been put on since then...

banzairx7

#8 Post by banzairx7 »

My opinion(which is worth as much as your paying for it) would be to ride it. Just change the oil and filter often, like every 5 hours. Check the filter carefully for any metal bits. That will be your only warning that things are taking a serious turn for the worst.

Has the coolant been changed to evans yet? If not that should be on the do right away list.

BTW- make sure to use a high quality synthetic oil. I like the Mobil1 MX4T. It is available at autozone- the main reason I like it. You don't have to order it.

JMaN05

#9 Post by JMaN05 »

what is evans?

cdalerider75

#10 Post by cdalerider75 »

or Engine Ice

They are coolents DO NOT use coolent that you purchase from your local auto parts store!!

http://www.engineice.cc/products.html