Help Me!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Killer_Shee

Help Me!!!!

#1 Post by Killer_Shee »

Hello all, I had some problems with the 'Dale this weekend at the dunes. It was running really strong, within 2 bikes of my bro-in-laws 370 'Shee!! I was riding it hard and all of a sudden it just died on me. I went to start it and all it would do is buzz. Then, we kept trying to start it and all of a sudden the starter finally kicked in and she started right up. I then rode it about 50 feet until I hit a bump, and once again it died. We ended up towing it 3 miles back to camp with my KFX700. When we got it to camp, we hit the starter button and it fired on the first shot, ran until we got it up on the trailer, and then it died again. Once again when we would hit the start button, it would just buzz. What the heck is going on??? We checked all the connections and everything seems good.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Sounds like rod bearing . Pull the oil filter and check for metal.

Killer_Shee

#3 Post by Killer_Shee »

That's not what I wanted to hear!

I checked out the oil, and there are metal shavings in the filter. We can put the bike in gear, move it a little, and then it will start and run until it heats up.

I guess it is time to build a hot rod!! I think I'll build the motor up and get the swingarm extended and it will be a perfect quad for the dunes.

theJeStEr1340

#4 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Get timbo to Stroke it, and put a 450 piston in it. That will make is a 468 or 469.

dalewannbe

#5 Post by dalewannbe »

Or just stroke it and port the head and run stock bore piston. Should be good for around 50 hp.