anyone heard from falicon?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bestonearth

anyone heard from falicon?

#1 Post by bestonearth »

i have a motor at haydug's that's been waiting on a crank since february. anybody know a time frame or talked to anyone at?falicon.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

They just finished a few cranks last week, and were promptly shipped to the first few on the list. I believe you are now #2 on the list, so the next few they assemble, you will be getting a call. :head:

Big Dog

#3 Post by Big Dog »

Got 2 of them delivered other day. Thanks Jaybr! I have all 4 that I ordered now.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

4!!! :eek: Uh oh...bet you want those decomps now huh? sad.gif I talked to him yesterday actually. They have them and just have to fit it in the schedual. A good thing for them is happening...they are getting slammed! Backed up all the time. Bad for us...good for them. He told me to check back in a week. So cross the fingers.... In the meantime...I have 1 billet I can sell ya if you really need it.

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

Happyboy, I havent looked at my cams much to see if its needed, but what all would I have to do to get a decompression setup on my Cannondale

I'm looking for the ultimate in reliability, so does the decompression really need to be updated?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

The billet parts are the best but at a minimum at least use the screw rivet combo fitted to tightest clearance possible.The screw/rivet is what Cannondale upgraded the rivets too.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

Exactly. The billet is better, but not a necessity. The bigger necessity is just confirming the decom isn't too loose. These parts have extremly tight tolerances and since they didn't custom fit each part at the factory some come out very loose. The loose ones are the bigger worry becuase slop can cause these to self destruct. Its not a huge percent, prob 5% have had some problem related to these.

CannondaleRider

#8 Post by CannondaleRider »

So if I examine it and it doesn't have any slop, then i should be fine?

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah....but many people look at them and say they are fine even though they are really loose. You open the decomp up and then wiggle the weight. It should have very little side to side play.

As for you doing it yourself. I would not recomend it. Wistech has been doing them for a while and does a great job. I have done a few and man, its worth sending it to him. You have to grind part of the cam off to remove the mechanism and these are hardened steel. Not to mention if you mess up along the way you just trashed your cam.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

If you have more than .025" side play down by the cam actuator I would definetly get it tightened up. Any more play than that and the weight will start to get forced towards the cam bearing cap. You dont want to see what happens when the wieght makes contact with the cap. Billet or powder metal.. doesnt matter it will
break and go on a journey through the head.