screwed

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Easy E

#51 Post by Easy E »

I believe 1 hour on a 6 amp charger can kill a battery. Most of our batteries only allow 5 amps for 30 minutes as a quick charge. Check the pictures and info on this thread:

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...?threadid=12082

Read the top of your batteries to find their specifice charging requirements.

wistech

#52 Post by wistech »

I disagree. Most chargers nowadays are automatic and drop off amperage once a fully charged state is reached. The problem is they dont drop down low enough for these little batteries and will boil off the water till the plates are exposed and begin to sulfate. That would take a day to a week depending on the charger. Oops off topic here. sad.gif

Happyboy

#53 Post by Happyboy »

John, most people will put the charger on and leave it over night. I have done this before too and did notice the battery didn't seem to hold as good of a charge as before. Do this a time or two and thats $50 bucks wasted.

wistech

#54 Post by wistech »

Im just saying less than one day isnt going to destroy the battery where it puts out zero power. You can tell if its overcharged it will be hot to the touch because of it.

Happyboy

#55 Post by Happyboy »

oh no...I have never had a battery put out zero power. Sorry, wasn't saying that.

cdalerider75

#56 Post by cdalerider75 »

Are you located by cdalechick? Texas... there should be other cannondale owners by you!!

comander420

#57 Post by comander420 »

take the spark plug out and see if it will turn over with no compression, while it's out check for spark if it will turn over. I fried my first battery too with a 6 amp charger trying to get it going in a hurry. Also you can take the charger and hook the black to the frame and tap the red to the starter wire stud, you should take the fuse out when you do this just to be safe. See if the starter will turn over, then try tapping it against the starter wire side of the solenoid right there on the left side of the battery, it should still turn the starter over, if it does you fried your battery. If it doesn't the wire on the starter are loose or coroded and should be taken apart and cleaned. If it doesn't turn over when you go direct to the starter the starter may be bad, you can get them cheap off ebay and one from a 400ex will work also I hear

bigdawg

#58 Post by bigdawg »

def need to know if this thing is actually turning over, or whether on a fully charged battery it wont budge.

Also when it was running how did you start it....??? THere is a lot of info around about how these things need to be started (tap green, wait 5 seconds etc...). If youve just hit the button and treid to ride off it'll prob not go for more than 50 yards.....

MyCannibal

#59 Post by MyCannibal »

is your starter solenoid clicking when you hit the start button...?....I had a similar problem...like comander420 said...it was the wires coming off the solenoid...they needed cleaned and tightened down...dirt tends to get in there especially if you ride in mud alot...needless to say i went through the whole quad twice b4 finding this problem....big headache but well relieved after finding the solution....but if your solenoid isnt clicking this probably isnt the problem....