need help with injector o-rings

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadman22

need help with injector o-rings

#1 Post by quadman22 »

alright when i ripped the motor off a few months ago i noticed two o-rings fell out of the injectors. I grabbed them and saved them for the rebuild. Now i know there are two o-rings on each of the injectors that are attatched the the engine. So im guessing these go into the top part of the injectors where they snap in. Sorry if this sounds confusing. Im just wondeirng where these two o-rings go. thanks

-Dan

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

If Chris is fairly local why not just get him to help you out? Take your quad over there and buy a pizza.

iceracer17

#3 Post by iceracer17 »

You can look in the tech section on the home page and go in the engine parts catalog it'll show a decent pic.They go in the grooves on each end of the injector.

quadman22

#4 Post by quadman22 »

i do have those 4 orings in the grooves on the ends. but two rings fell out of where those ends plug into. it doesnt even show these o-rings in the parts manual.

quadman22

#5 Post by quadman22 »

no right now i cant unfortuantely... im almost thinking i dont need these because it doesnt even show them in the manual. It only shows two seperate orings that go on the top in the manual. First off i have two on each rather than one on each and then i have these twoo extras that i dont know where they came from. They might not belong there because the guy before really didnt know what he was doing so he may have made a mistake.

quadman22

#6 Post by quadman22 »

alright in the parts catalog heres what it shows. the o-rings listed as #11 i have 4 of. not just two. i have two on each fuel injector. These o-rings that dropped out came out of the "fuel injector bases". so thats the deal. i mya just try it liek the manual shows and disregard these 2 o-rings since the manual says i dont need them.

quadman22

#7 Post by quadman22 »

really... so instead of adding these two i should actually take two off?

cdalerider75

#8 Post by cdalerider75 »

Also lube the O-rings before installing them... you don't want to pinch them... good idea would be to purchase and extra set from brad O. or Doug..

They do pinch easy and tear easy... trust me!!!

cdalemx301

#9 Post by cdalemx301 »

dan dude careful putting those in tons of lube they are way to big for the hole so they will seal...if your not careful they will pinch and spray fuel everywhere but where it belongs...

quadman22

#10 Post by quadman22 »

ok thanks... i had a lot of **** to do today so i wasnt able to fire it up but i did get the motor all mounted up. :cool: im goin to the cape tongiht so when i get back tomorrow i will finish her up. Any suggestions or tips for the final stage here? thanks for all the help guys:clap: