r and s engine mount update

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
trey

r and s engine mount update

#1 Post by trey »

I have a question for anyone who has a engine update from r and s. After searching all over i finally got one. the spacer wont fit inbetween the gold threaded pieces on the mount. the spacer appears to be a perfect fit between the actual cases. i assume that the gold pieces need to be removed. is this correct? (unless the spacer was machined to big) what is the best way to remove them? are there 2 pieces in each mount?
thanks for the help----

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

here's a slightly better pic from outside...and a before after shot..

before:

CdaleRacer0128

and..after:

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yes the gold spacers need to come out, just take a hammer with a screw driver (perferably a flat head) and knock em both out, then put the spacer in, and the bolts with washers on the ends..sets it up just right

and whala

trey

#4 Post by trey »

thanks, i just want to make sure the gold spacers were intended to come out (not a manufacture error) , before i did it. thanks for all the help, ill be installing after dinner.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

I just did this about 3 weeks ago. The easiest way to get the threaded bushing out is to screw the factory bolt in a few turns and then hammer the bolt until the bushing is out. This is also the way Kyle reccomended getting it out.

atvrulz

#6 Post by atvrulz »

i left the gold spacers in that were part of the two front engine mounts. The engine mount update kit that i got from quadsource had one long bolt and long cylinder spacer that goes inbetween the two front engine mounts. The long cylinder spacer i got fit snug between the two front engine mounts with the gold colored spacers in. Yes, when drilling the hole to match the size of the diameter of the long bolt the metal was hard to drill through, but i left the gold spacers in and it works fine.

trey

#7 Post by trey »

yea, its a little different kit. this one definatly wont fit the the spacers in place, and there is no drilling required