This is Discouraging

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
NTPracing22

This is Discouraging

#1 Post by NTPracing22 »

after reading all of the problems people have had with thier cannondales, it makes me hesitant about tradking my R for one. I admit, i had lots of problems with my R when i first got it, but all the kinks are worked out. Did you guys find that you got your dales running normal for good? How many of you didn't get any of those problems?
Wes

Dale512

#2 Post by Dale512 »

I think once you get all the little bugs worked out the dales will prove to be pretty reliable, I've had a problem with mine but I think I may have caused it some way or form.

mountainman10

#3 Post by mountainman10 »

No problems at all so far. I did all of the updates and feel that my cannondale will be very reliable.

mountainman10

#4 Post by mountainman10 »

One thing you have to remember is this forum is where people come with their problems. If you are not having problems, you don't post as much. Nobody just stops in to say that they are having no problems. This is where people come to get help when problems come up. I think most people on here, even the ones that have problems will tell you that they love their quad and could not imagine owning anything else. Just ride one, and if you are not smiling from ear to ear when you get off then get something else or stick with your R. I have never seen anybody ride a cannondale for the first time and not have a big grin on their face when they come back. Just ride one and you will see what I am talking about.

Billy

AlaskaSpeed

#5 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

too true, mountainman....lol....well....other than TRinity Racing screwing mine up, I have had NO problems in over a year of racing and riding.......JIM

NTPracing22

#6 Post by NTPracing22 »

jim, what happened with trinity and your dale?

drbowtie

#7 Post by drbowtie »

I gots one...biggrin.gif The last ATV I owned was in 1986 and it was a 185s three wheeler. Since then I have done the borrow program from time to time with friends machines. Bombadiers, EX's yada, yada.

I bought an 03 Speed. My only advice is to be very picky about the production dates. The newer the unit the fewer issues you will have! Beware! There are quite a few out there. The only problems I have had with my machine I caused due to my own ignorance. Try to buy one with a production date on the Certificate of Origin after November 20th of 2003 and you should avoid many issues.

Oh, and it does fly... It's kicked my a$$ twice now. I'm on prednezone and hydrocodone to prove it!

DMAC10

Canondale You Gotta Love IT

#8 Post by DMAC10 »

Bought mine about a year ago. ( 2002 Cannibal )

Only troubles have been the normal ones from Racing and trail riding. You just have to take care and do your P.M. just like any other bike and it should hold up for you.

Old timer trying to stay young.
wink.gif