latest project..... early motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
GDITheman

#31 Post by GDITheman »

you guys are making me jealous. i want an early engine to play with too. maybe i should save up for a spare engine.

azcannon

#32 Post by azcannon »

I took my ssm out of my 03 X440 and built a spare engine " old style " with a wiseco piston and used the regular cable on it, the case and crank look so much better even thouh I used a Timbo lightened Z400 with the old Billet rod ( not the knife one ) I love the case much better than the ssm I have to talk to timbo about the unicorn conversion on this thing next time it comes out but that probably wont be for a year or two, now I have two hydraulic quads and a spare motor for them I would not mind using all cable clutch motors I don't care about the clutch at all to be honest with you everything else is cable clutch anyways

chigger81

#33 Post by chigger81 »

I had this pic on bikepics so I thought I would throw it in the convo. Plus I thought my sex crazed bunny would fit right in.

My fx400 motor:

There is a number on the cartrige plate that says 361

Anybody know what the deal is there? How about that scar looking thing on top of the engraving?

theJeStEr1340

#34 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by azcannon
I took my ssm out of my 03 X440 and built a spare engine " old style " with a wiseco piston and used the regular cable on it, the case and crank look so much better even thouh I used a Timbo lightened Z400 with the old Billet rod ( not the knife one ) I love the case much better than the ssm I have to talk to timbo about the unicorn conversion on this thing next time it comes out but that probably wont be for a year or two, now I have two hydraulic quads and a spare motor for them I would not mind using all cable clutch motors I don't care about the clutch at all to be honest with you everything else is cable clutch anyways

I'll trade yah my cable blutch case for your gydro clutch case :deal:

cdalerider75

#35 Post by cdalerider75 »

Say I have noticed this lately, since people are becoming so informed and so prevent mantaintance is being done. More motors are being dropped updated and bolted back in, running with great results!! Most of the time people are down from dead battery or some really dumb issue, which all these FI quads (honda, yama..) are going to find themselfs running into once they are released....

I will have an update on this old school bad boy sometime next week.. but an old school case is always nice to see...

BTW is it just me or is there some sick twisted love for rebuilding?