Hot start causes

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

If you have to prime it alot but everything else is good you could just bump up the cold start fuel mass.Weird thing about doing settings using flowrate and offset is that they all effect one another.Even the cold start shot of fuel.Example is if offset or flow rate are made leaner the amount of fuel shot in on coldstart will be less.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

I find it no problem to prime extra as long as it starts fast and starts consistantly!

cannondale27

#23 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea I hear you.I admit I am running mine leaner than I should just to get nice starting and idle.Thing is power is lost when doing that.Just need time to really do some tuning of maps.

Zerotact

#24 Post by Zerotact »

So what settings are people reliable running on an actual atk, with a stock ATK map? If I can get the bike to start just as well as any other bike, I'm good to go as far as racing this thing again.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

My afr across the board is at 13:1 above 4000. Below it is on the lean side.

Zerotact

#26 Post by Zerotact »

Welp,
the next step is to set the throttle @ 4% and juggle settings till the bike starts there.
I thought getting the bike to run @ 13:1 across the board was all it needed but it looks like I need the get the bike to start and idle @4% and worry about the rest later...

Zerotact

#27 Post by Zerotact »

Good Lord!
Final settings of flow @ 2930 and offset of .65 Throttle @ 3.9% and the d&M bumps in between the 1900 rpm and 2000 rpm range... That just sounds way too lean... But I had to lean it out that much to get it to idle @ 4%

Zerotact

#28 Post by Zerotact »

Plug? you don't think I am gonna get my hands dirty by stickihng them down there to get that plug do ya?
I just tinkered in thge garage, and didn't ride the bike. I figured riding the bike would tell me more, then I'd check the plug. But the bike would start sometimes when you did the initial bump befoire you held the greeen down, so it appears to be doing better.

I had her shooting flames out the back before I gave her more fuel....:eek:

speedracer

#29 Post by speedracer »

I am having hot start issues also.It seems if I prime it when its hot it starts better,never had to do that on any other Dales,usually fired right up when engine is hot.Any other tricks to try?