Death at Half Throttle

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

I am lookig at this as I am having almost the same problem. I have picked through the same things you have. I am switching the coil tomorrow and then I am swapping the Throttle body out completely. I am wondering if it may not be a valve issue.

jwheat

#12 Post by jwheat »

I'm almost 99.9% sure that it's not a valve problem. This is either a fuel supply or fuel control problem.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Has this motor been modded?

KRMit

#14 Post by KRMit »

It has the reangled injectors. That's it as far as I know. It's been running fine though right until hitting the track after cleaning out the cylinder. It's like hitting a jump knocked something loose or something, but we can't find anything.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Does it idle normally?You didnt have to move the screw at all since the oil.

Speed 1B

#16 Post by Speed 1B »

Im guessing you have a bad coil.

KRMit

#17 Post by KRMit »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Does it idle normally?You didnt have to move the screw at all since the oil.

That's what's weird to me. It idles just fine. If you hit the gas it immediately quits firing, but as soon as you let off it idles right back up. I did a throttle cal, but that was while trying to fix it.

I think Jwheat has an extra coil laying around. If so we should be able to swap it real quick. It sure would be nice if that's all it is.

dalewannbe

#18 Post by dalewannbe »

I had a similiar problem, 27 should remember, mine would idle great, hit the throttle would die or fall on its face.

I had to switch out my wiring harness and that took care of it.

jwheat

#19 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by KRMit
That's what's weird to me.  It idles just fine.  If you hit the gas it immediately quits firing, but as soon as you let off it idles right back up.  

That's not entirely correct.....we haven't determined that it quits firing and I haven't had much time lately to spend on it. I'm going to try and look at it this weekend.

MX Quad Dad

#20 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Wasn't there an issue with the throttle cable rubbing some wires on the Quads?