Pulling My Crank

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fixthedale

Pulling My Crank

#1 Post by fixthedale »

Yeah, I am pulling the crankshaft out of the motor and I don't have the special tools to use when pulling the crankshaft cartridge out and it wants to hang up on the front part of the motor. What should I do? Hate to get stuck this close to seeing how bad this crank looks.

ktmlew

#2 Post by ktmlew »

I've been known to "pull my crank" from time to time but I don't post about it for the world to see.rolleyes.gif :hammer:

fixthedale

#3 Post by fixthedale »

I believe you just did!:head: smile.gif

ktmlew

#4 Post by ktmlew »

DOH! Busted!:clap:

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

what r you using to get it out?i use 2 long 6 or 8mm bolts(cant remember wich it is)in the threaded holes in the cart plate.if the front does not want to come do not apply alot of pressure with the bolts simply tap the back of the plate lightly with a rubber mallet and this will usually coax the front end around.
did you pull the fywheel and are pulling crank and all or are you trying to just pul the plate?if just the plate then you need to make sure that you have removed the oil pump from the balance shaft and may need to ''very'' lightly tap the end of the shaft a little to help it out of the bearing

fixthedale

#6 Post by fixthedale »

yeah i have two bolts jacking the crank out. the flywheel is off and i want to pull the whole works. just don't want to force anything and screw something up. i'll try your plan... sounds like it might work. thanks.smile.gif

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Many people have forgotten the little pin in oil pump(one with filter)Like Jason said.

banzairx7

#8 Post by banzairx7 »

I put mine in and out about 4 times without those special guide pins. Everything went fine. I don't see why you really even need them.

Alot of the special tools listed in the manual are not needed. Ones you will need are the flywheel puller and the special wrench for the head nuts.