Death at Half Throttle

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jwheat

#21 Post by jwheat »

I went to my shop and ran some checks on Kevin's quad. It would go dead when you gave it gas and it would cough back through the intake. Fuel pressure was 42 pounds and the fuel injectors and TPS all check out. I did a compression check and there was only 60psi. I then did a leak down test and it was leaking back through the intake. I'm guessing that he has a broke valve spring or a damaged valve.

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup 60 aint enough.Just checked mine yesterday and it was at 90psi.Most are right around 80 or 90 with decompression.Hope its not too serious.

cdalerider75

#23 Post by cdalerider75 »

Can someone post a photo of how to do this test?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

You just screw the compression testers hose into the plug hole.Attach the guage and crank it over.On 2stroke you hold throttle open while doing it.Doesnt make diff on 4st.

KRMit

#25 Post by KRMit »

The Dale is now for sale! Jwheat has a lot he is working on and I can't expect him to put my quad at the top of the list. We've narrowed the problem with it not revving to be something in the head, probably either a bent intake valve or a broke spring.

I wanted $3500 for it running, but I'm willing to take less to not bother Jwheat with it. I'll take $3000 for it as is. That includes everything I have for it. PM me for details. I'm willing to travel if necessary.

Happyboy

#26 Post by Happyboy »

why not just fix it? Come on...you can do it. smile.gif

KRMit

#27 Post by KRMit »

Well, I can get it fixed but I'd rather just get $3k for it and be done with it. That would pay off my loan. Keeping it isn't an option for me anymore. I rode a friend's 450r around the track and fell in love with it. Not that the Cannondale is a sloth on the track or anything, the R just felt more natural to me.

Do you think I could get more money parting it out?