Stage 8 install(crank/trans fix)

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

These motors are the easiest quad/motorcycle fourstroke to work on made.The only part that has to be removed is the entire clutch basket.(unless bolts were loose then I recommend complete disassembly to check for other damage)this requires removal of motor.R&S website has writeup of method I use.The engine service manual has all tourques and schematic (free from Cannondale website)The only special tools are a tourque wrench,flywheelpuller,snapring pliers and all the normal metric sockets and such.For stage8 a 12point metric no8 socket is needed.The trick to doing this right is cleanliness,organization and time.Plan on taking at least two full days to do it right the loctite needs to cure at least overnight at 70deg. or longerIf this is your first time doing a fourstroke I would have a expierienced helper or see if your dealer will let you watch one being done.The wires are all labeled already.It is best if you take it apart and put it back together on consecutive days.Study the manual and go for it.

Mjollnir

#12 Post by Mjollnir »

Anyone live in the Modesto area that knows these things well and is willing to help in exchange for pizza and beer? biggrin.gif

Motoman440

#13 Post by Motoman440 »

Got it today and it looks sweet!!! Thanks C-27:D