Need help please

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
millermanbg

Need help please

#1 Post by millermanbg »

i have a 03 speed it has been shorting out batteries
first on went slowly lowing power and killing the quad had push start it
second one was great untile boom it just die and wouldnt start it made the solinoid click but wouldnt turn it over
thirs one i was riding and rode about 3 mile same thing
fourth one after a new wiring harness riding about 15 miles and boob dead agina i shook the harness and voltage regulator and tired to play with it it worked for a second fuel pump ran and hit the start button just click and lost all power agian
thith one after a new stator form black widow and ran the quad for about 300 miles was out ditch riding today and it did the same thing quite and after wigling thing started the fuel pump and fan push the button and click it died afian wiht the solinod activation im runing out of options it wound run by it self with out being hooked up at a charger or battery should it run without a battery
any advice would be great. thanks Brian Grode

millermanbg

battery

#2 Post by millermanbg »

has any one ever had roblems with batter vibrating too much and just going bad

wanablaze

#3 Post by wanablaze »

Check that your battery cables are not touching the battery hold down. I've seen one short that way.

Also, there should be rubber between the hold down and the battery to absorb the vibrations. My guess is that this peice is missing, which puts the cables right next to the metal tie down.

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

My stator was shorting intermitently(sp?) which I think caused me eat about three batteries. Check that the wires arent chaffed through where they are held in next to the flywheel.