Making these motors as bullet proof as possible?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Dale512

Making these motors as bullet proof as possible?

#1 Post by Dale512 »

Whats some things I can check & do to make my motor as reliable as possible?

So far I want to do:

Stage 8 Kit
Motor Mount Update
Gapless Piston Ring
Check for Updated Water Impeller

I'm I missing anything?

Thanks

Motoman440

#2 Post by Motoman440 »

Battery Tray Update and change your coolant to the non-corrosive type. I ordered the Golden Spectro coolant from the Quad Shop. Jeff says this has worked for him. I think the Evans coolant works also. C27 says some guys have had overheating problems with Evans. Thats all I know.

mxrookie

#3 Post by mxrookie »

How about some parts ???? I"m stuck with the transmission filter access bolt as usual not enough antisieze and it trashed the head trying to pull it off . along with a stage a update kit , anybody know where i can locate one ..... my stealer is an A$$ all cocky about the chapter 11 stuff and rubbing it in is destroying their reputation as i have spoken to a dozen or so friends and once word of mouth is rolling well needless to say we have been shopping elsewhere .

Motoman440

#4 Post by Motoman440 »

CDale 27 has the Stage 8 stud update kit. I have heard some guys just pulling out the allenhead screws and using red or green loctite on them and have had no problems. As for your tranny bolt I would call the quad shop or R & S for one. There was a thread on that issue recently I just don't know when.

mxrookie

#5 Post by mxrookie »

Thanks motoman i'm getting some great info and connections for my parts .

saleen_1

#6 Post by saleen_1 »

send it to south bay moto.mine went straight from the dealer.didnt even ride it.

saleen_1

#7 Post by saleen_1 »

its still at south bay.going with the stage 4.instead of 3.its the 450 kit,they also have a 460 but a little to much money for me.go to south bay moto .com for details on different kits.

Dale512

hmmm

#8 Post by Dale512 »

I have some questions?

Do you think a SSM case with the Crankcase Update and Mount Update would be as reliable as a Non-SSM Case with those Updates?

Also my motor is about ready for a "reliability" overhaul this is whats I'm planning on doing.

Stage 8 Crankcase Update Kit
New all plastic Impeller (Dealer is doing that if thats my problem)
Check Valve Cover and try to find an Aluminum Replacement
Check Cylinder sleeve. (Dont know about its problems, but I've heard of some so if anyone can explain, I would appreciate it)
Gapless Ring
FDO Port Job
Motor Mount Update
Check Valve Seats (Same as Cylinder Sleeve)
Check for Plastic Oil Pump gears
Battery Tray Update

Did I miss anything? Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks alot