electrical please help!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
suzukispeeder

electrical please help!!!

#1 Post by suzukispeeder »

Today went riding, drove 100 miles to ride at Brown Mountain, and my speed cranked fine. We got about 100 yards up the main trail and I jumped a jump and when I landed it cut off and would not crank back. When you tried to crank it it just buzzed like they was a short somewhere or something.

Any Ideas.

Please Help!!!

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Sounds like the old loose battery terminal scenario.

suzukispeeder

#3 Post by suzukispeeder »

what exactly do you mean wistech. You mean the terminal on the battery come loose from the cells or something. If so how can I solve this problem, this is the 2nd battery to go bad in less than 5 months.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Take all your battery connections both positive and negative apart and clean ,locktite and retorque. Your bound to have some loose ones.

suzukispeeder

#5 Post by suzukispeeder »

i'll try it wistech but i dont think that is it because I took the battery out and charged it and when i put it back in it done the samething.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Check both ends of the cables not just the ones on the battery. Ive seen the nutserts on the fuel pump bracket come loose.

speed2424

#7 Post by speed2424 »

Originally posted by wistech
Check both ends of the cables not just the ones on the battery.  

Mine came loose at the starter once & acted the same way.:confused:

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by wistech
Check both ends of the cables not just the ones on the battery. Ive seen the nutserts on the fuel pump bracket come loose.

I'm assumeing that you mean the nutserts on the fuel pressure regulater. If not, those are the first ones I check when either of my Dales even hickup. There are ground wires on both bolts of the regulater. I am so parinoid about those nutserts, mainly because they just crimp on to the aluminum frame. I know aluminum is a good electrical conductor, but it tends to corode at the connections.

On my Moto I ran longer bolts through the nutserts from the opposite side then double nutted them with a copper strip connecting the two studs.

GMAK

#9 Post by GMAK »

i suggest changing your fuses, happend to me once, might have shorted it from trying to jump it off a car

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

Originally posted by MX Quad Dad
On my Moto I ran longer bolts through the nutserts from the opposite side then double nutted them with a copper strip connecting the two studs.

nice fix, I like the idea of two studs there, since also easier to use flangenuts than trying to fish the long bolts through 2 or 3 cables.