HMF QRS Series Exhaust?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CannondaleRider

HMF QRS Series Exhaust?

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

We just finished the WORCS season, and at the banquet they explained some regulation and rules changes that will be taking place, one thing was Tech inspection and sound test.

The sound limit he said was around 101 db, and they would most likely do pre and post race tests, so it would be a challenge to "work" our way around it :mad:

We know krash's Moto pipe won't pass for sure, and we know an open HMF Sport Series pipe won't pass easily(arn't they usually at about 104?), We're not sure about an HMF Sport with the quiet core(anybody have any numbers?).

The one thing we have been thinking about lately is the HMF Quiet Race Series Exhaust System, they make it for Dales, so no modification is needed, and they say its very quiet.

Anybody have any clue it a Falicon 469, a Timbo 450, or a Stocker will be able to pass with the QRS?

Thanks

CannondaleRider

#2 Post by CannondaleRider »

I just saw the details on Brads exhaust.....May say nevermind on this stuff:head:

XCDale

#3 Post by XCDale »

Well, I am no expert on if it will pass or not, but I can tell you about my experiece. I had the HMF sport series on my Dale (stock motor), and my dad had the QRS on his (true 450). When he decided not to race the Ironman, we switched the exhausts on the quads in an effort to make mine pass tech inspection if they actually performed a decibal test. It turns out that they didn't test it, but I could definately tell a difference in the sound level. The QRS really quieted the Dale down. Now don't get me wrong, you could still definately hear the quad, but there were plenty of other quads out there that were actually louder than the Dale for once.

tat

#4 Post by tat »

I havent payed much attention lately to sound tests at national races. In 2003 they used to random test, but they would set their little meter behind the quad, about 2-3ft away. So what we did was run a turn-down end cap on the silencer. This shoots the sound straight towards the ground. In turn hitting the meter after bouncing of the ground. Saved my butt a couple of times. What I dont know is if they still test this way or do they put it closer now.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I've heard several numbers out of the sport series. I'm pretty sure the GNCC sound level is 104 and a lot of people pass. I would think that the Quiet Core or the QRS would make enough difference to get you down to 101.