Making a bomb!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Blazinmoto

Making a bomb!!

#1 Post by Blazinmoto »

I was doing a good look over of the whole quad when I noticed that my header is melting a hole in the gas tank!! The header is a fmf ti and the tank is the newer model. Has anyone ever seen this on their machine? Wonder if I could use a heat sheild of some sort or switch to a different header. I'll post a pic as soon as I go and take one. Thanx guys

Mjollnir

#2 Post by Mjollnir »

Make sure that the mounting tab on the header that goes to the subframe above the footpeg is mounted to the OUTSIDE of the subframe, not the inside. This will make all the difference in how close your header is to the fuel tank, as is the difference between smooth sailing and kaboom.

Marc

twisted

#3 Post by twisted »

Theres always the heat shield tape you could buy...

Blazinmoto

#4 Post by Blazinmoto »

Marc, just looked and tab was in the middle of the mounting ears, opps!! Moved it over and hope that is enough.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going to use that heat shielding tape on my tank.Couldnt hurt and may even keep gas cooler which would be good also.Would also like some kind of shield for oil hose.Carbon fibre would be nice.

Mjollnir

#6 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by Blazinmoto
Marc, just looked and tab was in the middle of the mounting ears, opps!! Moved it over and hope that is enough.

Yeah, the space in the middle is for the wires for the stock foot baskets. I made the same mistake you did in putting it in there. Some heat shield tape wouldn't hurt, probably, but I have no problems with it now.

Marc

Blazinmoto

#7 Post by Blazinmoto »

Thanks for the help guys:clap: