Where does this go?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale440

Where does this go?

#1 Post by cannondale440 »

http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/2606/pi...pict00028ab.jpg

I just want to make sure I havent missed anything yet.

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Look on your shifter shaft, it should slide right on there. Some people will use shims, or I actually have thicker spacers made, but you want to put the side cover on and see how much "in-out" play you have. You then shim the difference, which makes shifting smoother.

cannondale440

#3 Post by cannondale440 »

I figured it was a spacer of somesort. I just buttoned up the crank case and wanted to make sure this didnt go in there. Smooth sailing so far, going together much easier then I thought it would. Thanks smile.gif

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

um, it goes on the inside of the case on the shift shaft. it keeps the shaft from pulling out to far.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

I'm sorry, I guess I didn't say that it does indeed go "inside" the case, not outside in place of the shifter, where else it would go? Hence the desription: Put the side cover "ON" and check end play, then re-shim if neccessary. So, you would indeed have to re-pull the side cover to do this mod.
I guess sometimes I am not so good at describing 100% of all the details, or maybe I just took it that you knew it would go inside again.
Sorry, :confused:

cannondale440

#6 Post by cannondale440 »

I understood as soon as you said shift shaft. It was the only part that got misplaced. Engine is pretty much done just need to get a magnet or 2 for the sump and install the side cover. Im leaving for vegas tomorrow so Ill have to fire it up when I get back. :cry: Thanks for the help.