HELP QUICK-Exhaust Gasket

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Speed 1B

HELP QUICK-Exhaust Gasket

#1 Post by Speed 1B »

I need an exhaust gasket by monday. i heard that a fourtrax 90 has the same gasket. if this is true, is the 90 gasket the one from the header, or the muffler? im guessing the header. but can someone help?

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

No, the 90 header gasket is not the same gasket. It's a fiber/metal gasket compared to the 'dale's brass/copper. The 90 is a smidge smaller than stock but does seem to work, without leaking. I used a little grease to make it stick at the top of the exhaust port, til i got the header on. I only have an hour on mine with the trx90 gaskets in it and am going to replace it with some used stock gaskets asap.
so, in a pinch, the 90 header gasket will work.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

How about the 300ex, 400ex. Anyone tried them?

JST

#4 Post by JST »

Haydug,wasn't the trx90 your suggestion?

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

Yes it was, we had to use them this summer. There is always something you forget when you're in a hurry. One of my buddies took a used one to the local honda shop to try and match it, he was laughing when he came back saying that they were the same as a trx 90- but he wasn't laughing 4 hours later when I smoked him on his 400ex.

Speed 1B

#6 Post by Speed 1B »

So the 90 header gasket is a go? and it will hold up well?

Ryanstones

i'm not laughing

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

You didn't mention that part of the story before Doug! Lined up with my son on the Vforce today in the rain and couldn't catch him either time. I'm gonna reuse some almost new stockers Alaska sent me ASAP.

The 90's are a little small, But in a pinch, they'll work.

haydug

#8 Post by haydug »

I'm sorry, I thought that they were the same, honestly didn't compare them myself. Guess you learn something new everyday. I'm going to buy a bunch of new stockers, will post as soon as I have them in my hands.

Ryanstones

#9 Post by Ryanstones »

I replaced my trx90 gaskets today with a used pair of stockers. My limited measuring ability returned the following:

used 90 gasket 25.5 mm I.D.
32.5 mm O.D.

used stock Cannon gasket 27.7 mm I.D.
34.5 mm O.D.

I definitely think that makes a difference.

anybody find a source, or good replacement yet?

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I used some copper rings that are used for brazing.They dont crush but are exactly same size as stockers that are crushed already.Mine hasnt leaked using them.If you need any just cover the postage and Iwill send em to you.