Whats wrong

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
61austin

#11 Post by 61austin »

Injector Flowrate- lower # to richen, increase # to lean
Injector Offset- increase # to richen, lower # to lean

Start with the flowrate, it will make the most differance. Once you get close with that then adjust the offset to get good idle and starting.

dalewannbe

#12 Post by dalewannbe »

Originally posted by harleypitbull1
Psychosis, how does it run compared to stock? I am dying to find out. The motor has been out for about two months and I am about to die, wantin to ride. My head is ported and polished also. Is yours, what differences can you tell from stock? I know this is off the main topic but just want to know.?

No comparision to stock, it will want to pull the wheels off the ground all the time. It will leave you biggrin.gif .

You need to richen (lower you flow rate) and richen (increase) your offset. Will the headpipe turn red with it just sitting and idling? Mine did that when I first got my stroker running.

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by harleypitbull1
Psychosis, how does it run compared to stock? I am dying to find out. The motor has been out for about two months and I am about to die, wantin to ride. My head is ported and polished also. Is yours, what differences can you tell from stock? I know this is off the main topic but just want to know.?

Mine was not ported/polished so yours will even be better. It's nowhere near comparison. Feels like a whole different machine. The biggest difference is torque though.

And if you run 20" tires be sure to move up the front spocket to a 15t, but go lower in the rear if you run 18's.

harleypitbull1

#14 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I do not know if the headpipe turned red. I did not let it run that long. I put just the seat on it after I got it running and idling good. I could not stand it, I had to ride it. I took it through the parking lot ,on pavement, but as soon as it started popping it kind of scared me. lol I dont want to mess anything up. How much should I increase or decrease the flow to start with. Just a 100 points on the flow rate of the injectors or more? I put a shop rag over the air filter and rode it one more time because I thought it might be getting to much air and making it run lean. It ran a little better that way but still cant be right cause it did not feel like it ran at all better than stock. But everyone with a stroker is impressed and I am sure I will be after I get it right. IF I EVER DO:eek: I have it at work, so I doubt I will be getting much done until it is right. My boss will fall over.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Popping? Lets get down to basics. Injector quick connects need to be gutted or removed. All 4 connectors. Be carefull !!!.
I usually start with a flowrate of 2100 to 2200 just to be safe. Offset at 1.0. At least 200 lower than stock. Make sure to do a throttle recal.

cannondale440

#16 Post by cannondale440 »

LoL I hear ya on that. I just got mine together and basically just changed the map and added some fuel. Seems to run great, I have no idea if if the AFR is even close though. I havent broke down to plug checks yet but im sure I will.

:confused: :eek:

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Popping definitly means it is lean.If it just pops on deceleration it is just a matter of richening up flowrate a bit.

61austin

#18 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by jesshamner
I must have missed the popping post on the first round of reading.  I agree.  Popping is lean....but....how do you explain the rag over the filter running better?  Too lean to even make it pop?

The rag over the air filter would richen up the mixture since there would be less air, which would make it run better if it was lean.

jesshamner

#19 Post by jesshamner »

Well, I have done it again. Don't know what I was thinking. I'll just remove my posts since I can't get it straight. LOL. Oops. sad.gif Man its going to be a long day.

harleypitbull1

#20 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I put the map in it this morning with Tims numbers. It starts and idles better. I have not got a chance to ride it yet. The numbers that he sent will richen it up alot from the stock numbers I kept from my ecu. Thanks for the help. Anymore information is appreciated.