Whats wrong

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
harleypitbull1

#21 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I did the throttle calibration again. Put the flowrate to 2350 and offset to .90. This thing runs like it a totally different quad. But it still has a hesitation if it is at idle and you just blurp the throttle. Sounds almost as if it bogs down or chokes the motor. Any suggestions?

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes try this map.It was designed just for that hesitation you are having.

harleypitbull1

#23 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Thanks for the info. It is running good now. Tim had me go to like 2500 on flow and 1.40 on offset. Alot different from the other numbers but it helped it alot. Still just slight hesitation. What is the difference in the map that you posted and the animal map?

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Its leaner in begining and different timing.

harleypitbull1

#25 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I only ride in the woods. Which map would be best for that?

harleypitbull1

#26 Post by harleypitbull1 »

What is the ts setting on the animal 128 map and the animal map for the open air filter.

harleypitbull1

#27 Post by harleypitbull1 »

First time out today. Both of these motors absolutely rip. The hesitation I was referring to is only when the motor is cold. Once it warms up, it runs great. It is still hard to start when it is cold but just like the hesitation, once it is warm, it starts like a dream. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

:usa

jwheat

#28 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by harleypitbull1
First time out today. Both of these motors absolutely rip. The hesitation I was referring to is only when the motor is cold. Once it warms up, it runs great. It is still hard to start when it is cold but just like the hesitation, once it is warm, it starts like a dream. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

:usa

If it only acts up when it's cold, then you are probably to lean. Richen up your fuel settings until the hesitation goes away.

aroracer72

#29 Post by aroracer72 »

Dont touch your settings. If it aitn broke dont fix it!!!!

And did you even rbeak it in at all????...and you really should let it warm up before riding it or getting on it....i always let my stuff idle for at least 3 minutes before even touching it.

CHAD

cannondale440

#30 Post by cannondale440 »

Have you checked your plug at all yet? Would be a good thing to do, I would want to know the mixture that is going in. All these #'s dont mean anything if you dont know if you AFR is even close.
Just my .2