hexcode problems

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
harleypitbull1

#11 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Finally got the quad to accept the new hexcode. Stalling problem solved. Thanks for the help guys

dalewannbe

#12 Post by dalewannbe »

Glad to hear that! These quads can test your patience sometimes, but after you figure out your problem and get to ride then its all worth it.

Next thing you know, you'll be addicted like the rest of us.

harleypitbull1

#13 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I am already addicted. I cant wait for the weekend, lol. Even though I did break a ball joint today. I did not get hurt and the quad aint hurt. Order a new ball joint, pay a little extra for shipping and I will be ready to roll by wednesday. Thanks again

dalewannbe

#14 Post by dalewannbe »

Keep those ball joints greased!

Buy yourself one of those needles to slip inside the ball joint and keep those joints greased.

harleypitbull1

#15 Post by harleypitbull1 »

We had another buddy that rode with us that broke a stock ball joint. Since then, we had a machine shop modify our a arms on the other two quads. We bought those high dollar LSR ball joints that the honda guys use for motorcross. But they have no grease fittings to grease them. This was only the fourth time for them to be in the woods and the lower left ball joint just popped out. I guess I am lucky, we had been in fourth and fifth gear in the sandy part of the trails almost all day. Went through the rocky part where you have to stay in first and second gear, and then it broke. I limped out of the woods unharmed. If it had broke a half hour earlier, I would have been in for one h*ll of a ride. Would have probably been a fat guy flying over the bars like superman. Maybe my luck is changing.