Does this look Ported and Polished???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fig

#11 Post by fig »

Smitty-

If you want to see a Timbo ported head my son just got his back from Timbo a couple of weeks ago. It's not on the motor yet. I'm in Torrance, just 30 minutes away.

haydug

Re: Re: So, is this ported??

#12 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by ANIMALSCANNIBAL
That is as cast.smile.gif  Thats how it appears in given picture,,,, more lighting, would be helpful.smile.gif

Tom, this head has indeed been ported. I have compared it to 2 stock heads. It appears alot of the original shape was left in tact. It was not "gutted" or competely re-shaped. So, as we can now see, pictures are not always worth a 1,000 words.
When I chose who I chose to port these, I sent 2 heads up that were ported by other places to compare flow characteristics. He flowed all of them, and arrived at his own port work, which was to maximize the entire curve. I'm sure he ported all of them pretty close to the same. :confused:

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

I guess we should change the title of this thread to:
Does this look ported and polished by timbo? smile.gif

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

And the answer to that even in dark with eyes closed and just using brail method is a resounding NO WAY! biggrin.gif But at least guy didnt hack it up like some others.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by fig
Smitty-

If you want to see a Timbo ported head my son just got his back from Timbo a couple of weeks ago. It's not on the motor yet.  I'm in Torrance, just 30 minutes away.

Do not post pics of Tims port work without permission

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup but not everything.Tims port jobs are a charity case.In other words you or I would not be able to afford one if time and work were really counted by him.I told you guys the differences were huge.Believe me it not even close.Thats why I have always said flow on others is way different.So if anyone sells something at a loss yes censor it.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by ******
But I thought the forums were about SHARING and not censoring ones work.:drink:

Also YOU could have saved lots of people trouble if you would have been forthcoming about your Decompression breaking on CWR cam I also would like to know what your cam lobes looked like at time decompression was replaced.Did you go back to stock?Thanks for being a team player

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

Re: Re: Re: So, is this ported??

#18 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by haydug
Tom, this head has indeed been ported. I have compared it to 2 stock heads. It appears alot of the original shape was left in tact. It was not "gutted" or competely re-shaped. So, as we can now see, pictures are not always worth a 1,000 words.
When I chose who I chose to port these, I sent 2 heads up that were ported by other places to compare flow characteristics. He flowed all of them, and arrived at his own port work, which was to maximize the entire curve. I'm sure he ported all of them pretty close to the same.  :confused:

Haydug, I was indeed wrong to say the pictured head was not ported. I didnot intend to bad mouth other peoples work. Not having seen a photo of what work was performed in the combustion chamber, or the bowls, I should have said "not enought information (photo) provided, or said nothing at all.

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

That is what you said Tom.This was a fishing expedition.

rubicon20032003

#20 Post by rubicon20032003 »

call extrude hone.To get the best head done.Level 2 .will be better flow and cheaper.