Does this look Ported and Polished???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Also YOU could have saved lots of people trouble if you would have been forthcoming about your Decompression breaking on CWR cam I also would like to know what your cam lobes looked like at time decompression was replaced.Did you go back to stock?Thanks for being a team player

I'll take a stab at this one ******. From what I remember from talking to Chris is the quad was hard to start and he went in found the decomp was broke. This wasn't hidden from anyone heck even CWR admitted what happened. ****** fixed it and is using it. What is there to hide.

I think people need to chill. Just cause one head doesn't look like the other doesn't mean they aren't making power. Bigger holes don't=most HP otherwise we should all go get our heads custom made with 20" ports.

Delaware152

#22 Post by Delaware152 »

Originally posted by haydug
I guess we should change the title of this thread to:
Does this look ported and polished by timbo?  :)

I have two of Doug's motor's. One falicon with ported head and one with ATK crank and ported head. I race mx A and ran a pro am race last year and a national against guys with very fast motors. I am sure some of you have heard of Curtis Sparks and Tom Carlson. I can say without hesitation that my Haydug motor was not pulled by ANYONE. This was a Budd's Creek and in case you guys don't know is a horsepower track!!! All I am saying is porting is not a style contest. It doesn't matter what it look's like or what kind of numbers it put's up. HOW DOES IT RUN. I have no problem putting my bike up beside anything. I am sure Tim remembers me. I was a Jay's at the spring ride. I am the ONLY one he ALWAYS drag raced heads up. I won some and he won some.

Derno24

#23 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Delaware152
I was a Jay's at the spring ride.  I am the ONLY one he ALWAYS drag raced heads up.  I won some and he won some.

JT you didn't want any of the Dernonator!:box: :box: :box:

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

You and I know about it but it wasnt posted.Thats my point.Would have liked to have seen what wear the CWR cams also had if any.

Forget power then.Lets talk time spent in doing the job then. Because with porting that is what you pay for.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

Just take your motors to a dyno and get 55hp and I will never say anything about power again.Derno when mine is back together will come to your dyno and put an end to this nonsense.Porting is where power is being made.

Derno24

#26 Post by Derno24 »

Just take your motors to a dyno and get 55hp and I will never say anything about power again.Derno when mine is back together will come to your dyno and put an end to this nonsense.Porting is where power is being made.

Hey stop getting so defensive. That gets us no where. As for dyno runs sure I'll run mine up there or vice versa, but to be honest I am thinking you will have to come here as I am pretty busy. I have no problems doing that. I also don't need a dyno to tell me that even with 55hp there isn't any of us that can truely use it. Although it is still nice to have. I have ridden Yammi's, Honda's, Suzuki's and others I like my dale, but I'll tell ya any more power on any of them and we will be going backwards as a whole community again. People getting killed in crashes and such. Remember 1990!:eek:

Delaware152

#27 Post by Delaware152 »

You missed my point. A dyno number means nothing to me. What would you rather have a bigger number or an extra bike length going into the first turn? I will take the bike length anyday!! Let me know if you go to Derno's dyno. We will see who can get the extra bike length. ****** I want you to do some tuning so I can get the .8 extra out of mine.

Sandstorm

#28 Post by Sandstorm »

My exhaust flange is just hanging there. I stated that in my other thread. Those ports aren't as big as they look. DAB knows hogging stuff out isn't the only factor. In my pic it would appear a crush washer would protrude into the opening after they are crushed. They won't but they will and there is a reason for that..

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

If that were the case then how are we still pulling more power with a more aggressive port job? There are so many ridges on the intake side you need to get aggressive with it to smooth the transitions all out. There are multiple steps and leaving some of the lips from the casting doesn't help anything. And leaving casting marks in the intake makes it that much worse.

Flow benches do help alot on porting, they are a must. But dyno testing gives real world tangible results.

Sandstorm

#30 Post by Sandstorm »

My motor was ported by WWE's guy.. It needed some fixing and there were some problem areas.. DAB was happy w/ the end result. Timbo is a great guy.. I just chose to stay at home and go w/ a guy who's product I already (Athena, and it's pretty slow)own and a guy that knows how to make machines run w/ our 10% humdity and 5000ft elevation..