Please Help I Feel Like Throwing out my Dale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

Or, try using disc magnets with holes in them to take up some of the dead space?!.... new mod biggrin.gif

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

Ill ship you out a housing friday.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Canniboomer your always thinking of that little extra:clap:

djjeff4i

#34 Post by djjeff4i »

OK....Bought a Die Grinder and all the right attachments....I was able to grind it down removing the bolt and screw extractor!!! But, there are no threads left for me to screw the 5mm bolt into, is there enough space for me to retap?

azcannon

#35 Post by azcannon »

hey Jeff on your camera there is a picture of a Tulip or a flower , that is for taking pictures close up . It seems to help make them work better for the detailed pictures.
I can't tell from your picture
good luck

Canniboomer

#36 Post by Canniboomer »

hmnnn, so THAT's what that "tulip" button on my camera is for!! thanks AZ!!!biggrin.gif

Wow, that is pretty far back there -- maybe that bolt that snapped was not the short stocker? The stock bolt only goes in about 3/8"... Are you drilled into a void on either hole? If either hole is more than 1-inch deep from the cover surface, you could have entered the oil-shaft, and could have some debris sitting back there and ready to invade motor.

If OK, why not just tap the closest hole to center?(upper one?). Maybe while reaming/tapping you can try to keep the hole aimed at the center of the cover, and be OK. A thrubolt with a seal against the outer cover surface should still work OK at a slightly crooked angle. You just need to ride a while until you replace it later, right?

djjeff4i

#37 Post by djjeff4i »

OK, sorry for not getting back sooner but my internet has been out...I ended up fixing it, after inspecting it for awhile I noticed that it looked a little funny on dead center so I decided to grind a little more and suddenly a hole appeared, so I cleaned the housing as best as I could and used a longer 5mm bolt and a neoprene washer and I was home free....Problem solved temporarily until I decide to pull the motor. Do you advise that I change my oil again soon to make sure I got all the debris out?

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes change the oil again.If you make a stud like I explained and Loctite it in there there is no reason to pull the motor.Would be a permanent fix.