Dropped My motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdalemx301

Dropped My motor

#1 Post by cdalemx301 »

So I dropped My motor today and pulled the sidecover and valve cover off trying to find out if this is std. wear or if parts need to be replaced...
Sorry for picture clarity...
There is slight wear on the tips of both cams but also on the side which you can slightly make out in this picture...Is this normal??
In this picture if you look close there is a slight ring worn into the middle gear...Is that normal or is something out of spec?
Last question does the Timing chain look overly loose/tensioned like it is being pushed way far or is this normal? Should I replace it?
Thanks Guys...

TricityCdale

#2 Post by TricityCdale »

Can't really tell what you are looking at since the pictures are so blurry, but that timing chain is DEFINATELY too loose and needs replaced ASAP. I can vouch for what happens when that is neglected.

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

how can you tell that it is too loose?

iceracer17

#4 Post by iceracer17 »

Sure looks like the adjuster is almost all the way out.Can't see much else with these pics.

cdalemx301

#5 Post by cdalemx301 »

OK thanks guys I will try and get some more clear tommorow seems like no matter what i did they came out blurry so i will try again haha

speed2424

#6 Post by speed2424 »

$20.00 for a new chain. Sounds like cheeeeeep insurance to me.

Easy E

#7 Post by Easy E »

If you're using a digital camera, there should be a "close up" mode. Usually a picture of a flower or something like that. As for the timing chain, maybe not "too loose" - perhaps better worded "too stretched"?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

That pic of gear that was burned.Probably missing the shim that keeps it from hitting the support.Cams it was just too fuzzy to tell but if chamfer is gone from sides at the tip they are done.