Leaking oil into Cylinder..... Lot's!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Quadhauler

Cylinder

#1 Post by Quadhauler »

I started it several times during the day and it never smoked again. Checked the oil, and it was ok, maybe a little low, but you could see it on the dipstick....

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Its from a leaky checkball in your main oil pump.Fix you need to ride it more.If problem continues after riding it more often then there are other things to try.Keeping oil clean helps this problem also.No Biggie though.

Quadhauler

#3 Post by Quadhauler »

Curious, I took the fenders and tank etc off to get to the spark plug, do you loctite everything including fender bolts going back together?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly.You will be amazed at amount of Loctite you go through in a few years:D

Quadhauler

#5 Post by Quadhauler »

So basically if it's not welded on loctite it :wow

Thanks!!

jwheat

#6 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Quadhauler
Thanks, heading for Dumont Dunes next weekend so we'll see how it does.  Curious, I took the fenders and tank etc off to get to the spark plug,  do you loctite everything including fender bolts going back together?

Don't locktight the fender bolts. The allen head bolts strip out very easy and if that happens, you don't want to have to heat the bolts in the plastic to melt the locktight. That would melt your plastic also.

Quadhauler

#7 Post by Quadhauler »

Originally posted by jwheat
Don't locktight the fender bolts. The allen head bolts strip out very easy and if that happens, you don't want to have to heat the bolts in the plastic to melt the locktight. That would melt your plastic also.

Too late :eek:

I used blue non permanent loctite on the fender bolts, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed I guess.....

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Blue will be fine.