Where does this vent hose go?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
djmc

#11 Post by djmc »

Ok,
I got all the hoses finished. Should be able to start it up in a couple of days. You guys have much experience tweaking your engines after getting a 450 kit? I also had the head ported and installed the cycle air horn. I don't know if the ecu will adapt to these changes or will I have to learn more about the fuel management system. I had Brad install the Blaze map while he was doing the other work.

Deityracer

#12 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 12 2006, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it does not go there.That is a unused threaded hole in the head.

If you are talking about the barb at top of sidecover left side(WHEN SITTING ON QUAD)that is the tranny vent.Two options here.If you have a 3way t fitting which your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent just hangs on left spar fuelpump is mounted on and is directed down by battery.
If you have a cross 4way fitting which all your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent goes too that.

3way
ecu,regulator,airbox

4way
ecu,regulator,airbox and tranny vent.

All these hoses are about 1/8 in ID.

All other hoses are for OIL or breather and are very important.
There are no hoses on left side of motor with 1/4 ID.
I am thinking the hose you are talking about is either the vent off valve cover right side or the scavnger to frame oil fees line.Take a few pics so we can be sure you get this right before you start the motor.

So if you have this setup as 4way (tranny vent) ... what are the advantages???

also, what happens when you flip?

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

There is no advantage to the 4-way setup.All mine run the 3-way and then if something is going on to make tranny overfill I see it coming out the hose rather than getting sucked into motor.I believe 4way was done to make the Greenies happy.

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

Of course I ride in the dunes,but I dont have any of mine pluged in. I got tranny vent hose running down and thats it.

Deityracer

#15 Post by Deityracer »

Now I know, and knowing's half the battle!