Not Starting

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Psychosis

#11 Post by Psychosis »

Should've made that more clear. I meant that I'd switch over to the other quad. I've already got all the shocks and such off of this one, wouldn't be that big of a deal to switch the arms and swinger either. It runs perfect currently, just I prefer the stroker over the ATK piston.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

How about the clutch safety switch?
Does the starter turn over when jumped between posts?
The kill switches can also be finnicky.Make sure the back didnt come loose if you have a Pingle.

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

The starter turns easily and the engine turns over when jumped. I've already checked and rechecked the Pingel and can't find anything wrong either.

jwheat

#14 Post by jwheat »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Should've made that more clear. I meant that I'd switch over to the other quad. I've already got all the shocks and such off of this one, wouldn't be that big of a deal to switch the arms and swinger either. It runs perfect currently, just I prefer the stroker over the ATK piston.

Ok....Sorry, I misunderstood you. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Psychosis

#15 Post by Psychosis »

I'm not sure what the **** is going on now. I took apart every connector/plug, cleaned, greased, etc, tightened bolts and anything that felt loose, torn into Pingel again, and tried it. Now when I turn it on the pump runs but it sounds like it's about to explode! Rather than a short run after the key is turned, it seems to be running WAY too fast and DOES NOT shut off. It keeps running until the key is turned off.

When I hit the starter, it pumps fuel through and actually tries to start, but the thing's just moving at such a high rate, I feel it'll explode. What would cause this? I'm guessing the fuel pump just went bad? I can swap if you guys think that's the problem tomorrow and see what happens.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Its not sucking air?That would sound like that.Look at those two little wires going to pump.They can rub on the frame and short out.Also take a look at the fuel return in tank.Is it coming out of there in a steady stream?.Kind of ignoring the running on for now.But you never know before digging into ECU.

harleypitbull1

#17 Post by harleypitbull1 »

This may be way off base but I talked to Scooter a couple of weeks ago at Optimum powersports when I was having trouble with a hex code. He told me something about a DIODE update, you guys may all already have it. But if not, he told me that he saw one quad fry 5 computers withing fifteen minutes. It goes somewhere between the starter and the ecm I believe. Hope this is helpful to someone, even if it dont help you. Sorry if this was way off base. Just relaying some information.

Psychosis

#18 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks and that's a good thing to think about but I've got it running good again. I replaced the fuel pump w/a spare and once again went trough every plug/cable/connection I could find. It would try to start but fuel pump still wouldn't stop running unless unplugged.

Turns out that one of the wires that connects on top of the fuel pump was touching the end to the side of the pump if that shows what that describes it well enough. Fixed that little problem and now it runs perfect.

Now I just need my shocks back which are at MX-Tech right now.

BTW: The fuel pump was just not working right. Even on other quad it wouldn't work. Wouldn't turn on sometimes and other times wouldn't turn off.