map select?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
beak7707

map select?

#1 Post by beak7707 »

Can you still buy the map selects? I saw a pic of a dale with push buttons on the bars, one button said map and the other said trim. How do they work and where can you get one?

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I think you can still get them from Optimum if not other vendors. The Map select allows you to preset 3 different maps into your ecu via D&M kit. Then when your riding/racing you can choose the best map for that particular instance...on the fly! The rider trim is like rejetting on the fly. I know there is more info on this topic. Do a search. I had to ask questions too. Did you get a dale? Where are you in IN? I think I have seen you at Haspin before but not sure.

beak7707

#3 Post by beak7707 »

I dont have a dale yet. I want one badly but dont want to have problems all the time. The one I am looking at has a timbo crank and a lot of updates, so I am hoping it will be a good one. Yeah I have been to haspin a few times for xc races. I live over by terre haute. Thanks for the reply I'll do a serach.

fig

#4 Post by fig »

Jess nailed it.

The MAP select allows you to select between three you can store on the ECU. These can be changed on the fly.

The Rider Trim allows to to "jet" the bike on the fly or just sitting and idling. It allows you to jet the bike in three ranges. 1) idle and a little throttle ( I don't remember the % if throttle for any of the ranges) 2) mid range, and 3) top end.

It allows you to advance/retard the timing and adjust the throttle sensitivity.

You need to pre select which option you want to select Jetting, timing, or TS. The changes only affect the map you are currently in. You can save the changes to the map or delete them.