Cold weather stalling?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jshort

Cold weather stalling?

#1 Post by jshort »

Question?

I think I may have a problem. Saturday the weather was about 65 deg. and my Cannibal ran fine. Sunday I went on a big group ride and early in the ride (early morning and extremely cold) I had a small stalling issue. My engine would cut out, hesitate, and a few times it would totally stall. This seemed to always happen durring acceleration. Every time it would completly stall it would fire right back up with no problem. These issues improved as the day went one and it eventualy stoped. The temp that morning was a around 25-28 deg. but warmed to about 40 deg by mid day (this is also around the time that it starting to run without problems). Do you think my issues were cold weather related or do I have something I need to look for that may be causing my problem?

(I am running the stock map and I don't think a throttle calib. has ever been done but it seems to run and idle great except for Sunday morning)

Thanks for eveyone's input!
Jason

MyCannibal

#2 Post by MyCannibal »

check all electrical connectins, grounds...happened 2 me once, negative on battery came loose...would run fine at times then stall but start back up and run again.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Is the quad all stock?

jshort

#4 Post by jshort »

Yes, it is all stock.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

No access to a D&M?
I assume not.Try turning the idle up.Idle screws can back out a bit over time.Only thing you can do without a D&M.