Pics of a engine torn down

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jcv440

Pics of a engine torn down

#1 Post by jcv440 »

I took a couple of pics of our moto's engine torn down. Replacing the clutch and droping in a new piston and sleeve, just thought I'd take the opportunity to snap some pics.

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

A couple more

jcv440

#3 Post by jcv440 »

Guy,

Shoot, I don't have one of it. I'll get one on Wednesday. I'm off to Chicago on Monday..

We figured what the heck, might as well check everything out while we had the engine out of the frame...good thing we did. We found that 2 plastic gears where worn. The profile was rounded off, and I think C-Dale changed the material to Aluminum. Plus we wanted to see how that thing works!

AlaskaSpeed

#4 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Cool pics, Vito....thanks for sharing. I agree that once you go to the trouble of dropping the motor out of the frame, no reason not to check the rest of it for any future maintenance issues. You sure don't want to find that you need to go through the process again.
On that note, Vito; can you pm me with a price on the clutch slave cylinder? The assembly that bolts onto the right side of the motor down by the front sprocket. Thanks, JIM

jcv440

#5 Post by jcv440 »

Almost back together:

Pic of the crank and rod Guy :

JeffQuadShop

#6 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Isn't it cool how the sleeve comes out!:cool:

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

Sure is! The mechanic actually enjoyed working on this engine. smile.gif

I'm a firm believer in Redline oil now, I'll tell ya that! The engine sat for about 2 weeks, and that oil was STILL clinging to engine parts...very,very good stuff. Klotz is out the door, and Redline is on our shelves now!

JeffQuadShop

#8 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Ya, the R&D guys at Cannondale turned us on to Redline.

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

Hey, what are the prices and types (Weights) for the redline that you guys are using on your motors?

Are you using water wetter as well?

Thanks for the info

jcv440

#10 Post by jcv440 »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
Hey, what are the prices and types (Weights) for the redline that you guys are using on your motors?

Are you using water wetter as well?

Thanks for the info

We have the 40w and the 30w engine oil and the Super shock tranny oil. All are $8.49 a quart.

And we use Engine Ice. I think it's $16.95 for a half gallon. Works real well.