Which chain?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
duwax

#21 Post by duwax »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Mar 1 2006, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need a new one. I just wanted to see what you guys/girls are using.

Greetings from The Savannah in Africa. Thought I might add my sixpence worth here if I may. As most of the trucks and automobiles use SACHS timing chain in their engines, Matilda and I elected to source SACHS chains from the Portugeuse factory with marvellous O-rings for our Cannondale quad bike machines. They work awfully well, and to prevent the tardy wear and tear from the African dust, we use the oil from the Lineola leaf to lubricate the chains on our machines. Both Matilda and I find the result most pleasing although there is an aroma or cat urine when the chains are a tad hot, I might say.

Well, must be off now, as Matilda has to milk the goats, and I have a wind mill pump to which to attend. Oh, don't forget now to check for metal filings in the oil. I was told that Cannondale's big end bearing leaves much to be desired. Goodness, now if only I knew what that actually meant, what.

Best regards,

Brendal.

NRath

#22 Post by NRath »

Brendall rocks!

So, as for chains, if I'm considering riding this old beast of mine, it's gonna' need a little TLC. I've always went with DID X-ring, but I wouldn't mind saving 25-30 bones. Mine's already been flipped and the sprocket teeth are thin and starting to bend, so they've all got to go.

Anyone tried the new IRIS chains that RMATV is selling? Wistech touts the Regina, but last year, Tim broke his twice. It may have been 5 yrs old though. RK?

As for sprockets, anybody got a best source for the Talon rear and factory front? I've been through a couple and they've held up like a champ for me. If not, what else will last?

Canniboomer

#23 Post by Canniboomer »

I have the Talons in stock,.. 10 14 15 38 39 42 44....just email your tooth counts, and I can check chain options and prices at the same time.

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Even Timbo STILL like Regina! I do to. Just not worth it to me to even try anything else since bad chains are a major headache.

claas900

#25 Post by claas900 »

MX Quad Dad

#26 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I bought a regina for my sons banshee and at the first race he didn't even make it through practice. we found the chain but it was ruined. there was a vender at the track but all he had was a non o-ring D.I.D. and rather than put one of our old worn back-up chains on our new sprockets, I bought the D.I.D. That thing lasted longer than anything else we had tried, even the SideWinder which was about triple the price for chain/sprockets combo.

cannondale27

#27 Post by cannondale27 »

Well I have had nothing but great results with the Cannondale Regina chains. I think a big part of making a chain last is corrosion resistance. Once any rust forms clock is ticking. Around here if mud is on most chains overnight rust is formed. Regina Gold just doesnt rust. So no matter brand get a Gold one. Maybe Cannondale got some special chains. laugh.gif

kdeal

#28 Post by kdeal »

The factory Moto chain was the DID non-o-ring chain. And yes there are several chains made by each manufacturer, some better than others.

MX Quad Dad

#29 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Aug 22 2010, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The factory Moto chain was the DID non-o-ring chain. And yes there are several chains made by each manufacturer, some better than others.

Thats what my Moto came with

cannondale27

#30 Post by cannondale27 »

My Cannibal did also but all the 03 Cannibals had Regina my DID rusted quick.