Need help still dieing!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
MyCannibal

#11 Post by MyCannibal »

hopefully if its been going on for over a year he's already checked all the grounds and connections.......but i do agree...had this problem b4 and it was battery cable coming loose....would fire right back up....then die....

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

...claas900 mentioned grounds, but it 's a good point made about basic cables., etc. And being an '02, it might also need the stator shielding update. You can check the charging output by just comparing voltage at the battery when off, and when running. After low-voltage stalling, they can still start again, and often do while you limp back to camp!

iWantaTurbo

#13 Post by iWantaTurbo »

i got the kill switch on the handle bars and the key. i guess the next time i go riding i can turn the key so the lights are on and see if that changes any thing? and ill go start it today and wigle all teh wires around the key and kill switch?

thanks for the ideas!!!!!

iWantaTurbo

#14 Post by iWantaTurbo »

took all the plastic off and checke evey thing i could, it will not do it while idleing ever!!!! will idle fine for ever. gigiled evey wire i could fined. i now think it is a dead spot in the map or somthing. it is very bad now. but only does it in one spot close to full throdle. if i keep it under half it will run fne for ever.

but if i hit real close to full it will die? what could it be?

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

a. fuel fittings
b. clogging fuel filter
c. gummed up tank clunker screen
d. all of the above

run a tube directly from a gas can into the fuel filter and test again.
It might even suck up and over the filler neck, if you just stuff a separate tube into the tank for bypass testing (haven't tried that). If no improvement, try again with a fresh filter. You'll probably find the problem. Also note the return spurt to the tank, before and after, at idle and revved.

iWantaTurbo

#16 Post by iWantaTurbo »

ok ill dig in to the fuel system and see what i can come up with!!!! is it a in line filter?

thanks again for all the help

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

Yes there is an inline filter between your gas tank and the fuel pump. There is also a screen attached to the pick up tube inside the tank.

iWantaTurbo

#18 Post by iWantaTurbo »

put race fuel in it this weekend and it made a big difrence????? i can give it full throdle for short bursts now. and it will not die? im so lost as to why this makes a difrence? but it does?

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Race gas will run richer.Maybe you are set extremely lean,injector failing,lack of fuel supply.