clutch

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#1 Post by chigger81 »

Had a blast on the dale last night showing off for friends. I got rid of my rear holeshots. biggrin.gif Then I stuck my new razr 2s on and took it out. Not really sure lol, but I think the stroker finally killed my aluminum clutch plates. What are my options with replacing the clutch. Are the newer style stock plates alot better than the fx ones?

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Bout $100 from the vendors. Check with Dave or Brad, I know they have them.

azcannon

#3 Post by azcannon »

QUOTE (chigger81 @ May 7 2006, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a blast on the dale last night showing off for friends. I got rid of my rear holeshots. biggrin.gif Then I stuck my new razr 2s on and took it out. Not really sure lol, but I think the stroker finally killed my aluminum clutch plates. What are my options with replacing the clutch. Are the newer style stock plates alot better than the fx ones?

If you were doing large burnouts on pavement and burned of a set of tires you might be surprised and only need to rotate your clutchplates a lot of times the rear 1 or 2 friction plates get the tabs bent and a lot of times you can just rotate the plates and replace 1 or two

chigger81

#4 Post by chigger81 »

Alright, thanks. Thats wonderful news lol. Ill take them out and see what I got.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (chigger81 @ May 7 2006, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, thanks. Thats wonderful news lol. Ill take them out and see what I got.

To check for bent rear clutch tabs just remove the tranny fill plug and look at them with a flashlight.