Thanks to Derno and Dirt

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
ATKnewbie

#1 Post by ATKnewbie »

Just wanted to pass on a big thanks to Derno and Dirt for their help getting my HDC stroker running.
After battling with thing for a while now, it is now running!.
Two great guys willing to help someone they have never met before, can't beat that.

Thanks again.

Now all I have to do is find the coolant and tranny leaks and get them stopped!

dalewannbe

#2 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (ATKnewbie @ May 8 2006, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to pass on a big thanks to Derno and Dirt for their help getting my HDC stroker running.
After battling with thing for a while now, it is now running!.
Two great guys willing to help someone they have never met before, can't beat that.

Thanks again.

Now all I have to do is find the coolant and tranny leaks and get them stopped!

Where's the coolant leak coming from? That one could be tricky, if its leaking out the weep hole.

Tranny leak may just be the clutch cover not sealing good.

Keep us posted.

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Now go ride that thing!

ATKnewbie

#4 Post by ATKnewbie »

OK, looks like the coolant may be leaking from the weap hole, but it is slowing.
The other leak is tough to tell if it is tranny or oil, but looks like it may be coming from the tranny drain bolt.

I did complete breaking in the motor and proceeded to change the oil and tranny this past weekend.
Drained the oil and pulled the filter, spotless....!
Drained the tranny and pulled the filter, packed full of metal chunks and maybe pieces of clutch?
The tranny filter was absolutely covered with this...
Any ideas what would cause this, I am a bit scared to go run it now and have the tranny fail.

banzairx7

#5 Post by banzairx7 »

Funny you mention the tranny filter. After my rebuild my tranny filter was packed with some kind of red fiber. The only thing I could think of was it was lint from the shop rags I used. I didnt have any metal though.

ATKnewbie

#6 Post by ATKnewbie »

Yah, the rest of the stuff on the filter did not bother me, I figure it was caused by the metal shavings.
I am hoping that they are from Doug having to tap the tranny plug threads.
Maybe he left the shavings in the tranny and the filter caught them right off, but it would be nice to know for sure.
As we know, he is not returning calls or emails so I will most likely never know.
I suppose I will change the tranny again this weekend and see if anything more is caught.
The pain is that it leaks now continually when it did not leak at all before I sent it in for a rebuild.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I would do like you are saying. Change the fluid and check it again. It should get less and less. Also for right now till you are sure everything is running well just put some kind of sealant on the drain plug to stop the leak. This is only a temporary fix and after you are sure everything is good than go back and address it.

Also, how did you like the map I sent?

ATKnewbie

#8 Post by ATKnewbie »

I did not receive it, I was thinking you had forgot about me!
Could you resend it, try my work address: dlievrouw@theroomplace.com

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

I am at work I'll resend tonight when I get home. Man my email sucks azz!

ATKnewbie

#10 Post by ATKnewbie »

Ran it around the yard a dozen or so times, then around the neighborhood and the tranny filter looks like it is new, so what was in it the first time I am hoping is everything.
The quad is still leaking and it is oil, not tranny fluid like I first thought.
I can find no signs of oil leaking anywhere on the engine or frame, but when I park it a puddle forms under it and it continues to get bigger the longer it sits, so it is not something that only leaks when it is running.
Is it possible that the bottom of the engine block cracked?

Ran it around the yard a dozen or so times, then around the neighborhood and the tranny filter looks like it is new, so what was in it the first time I am hoping is everything.
The quad is still leaking and it is oil, not tranny fluid like I first thought.
I can find no signs of oil leaking anywhere on the engine or frame, but when I park it a puddle forms under it and it continues to get bigger the longer it sits, so it is not something that only leaks when it is running.
Is it possible that the bottom of the engine block cracked?