stalling

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
harleypitbull1

#1 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Question guys. I have not ridden the quad in probably close to three months. Since cool weather, however long that has been. I keep a battery tender on it, so the battery is in good shape. The little girl wanted to ride today so I started it up and took off through the field. Whenever you get on the gas hard it runs fine but as soon as you let off the motor dies. I put the little girl on with me and idled around and it never died. After she got off I rode it hard again. No matter which gear, it still does the same thing. I thought it might be low on fuel but after it dies it starts right back up and idles fine. Anytime you wind it up in a gear, as soon as you let off it dies. Could this be low or bad fuel or what else might it be? Please help. It has the new hexcode and ran fine the last time we were in the woods.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

idle screw may have vibrated loose (to slower), or a dirty fuel filter, or constricted suction lines.

cannondaleracr15

#3 Post by cannondaleracr15 »

QUOTE (harleypitbull1 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question guys. I have not ridden the quad in probably close to three months. Since cool weather, however long that has been. I keep a battery tender on it, so the battery is in good shape. The little girl wanted to ride today so I started it up and took off through the field. Whenever you get on the gas hard it runs fine but as soon as you let off the motor dies. I put the little girl on with me and idled around and it never died. After she got off I rode it hard again. No matter which gear, it still does the same thing. I thought it might be low on fuel but after it dies it starts right back up and idles fine. Anytime you wind it up in a gear, as soon as you let off it dies. Could this be low or bad fuel or what else might it be? Please help. It has the new hexcode and ran fine the last time we were in the woods.

hey did u ever figure out what was wrong we are having same prob.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jul 16 2006, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
idle screw may have vibrated loose (to slower), or a dirty fuel filter, or constricted suction lines.

Sounds like mine until I gutted my quick connects.

speedracer

#5 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (harleypitbull1 @ Jul 16 2006, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yea,after it stalls see if the fuel filter is dry.