Quick Disconnects

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
RonDK

#1 Post by RonDK »

I was checking over my Cannibal today and noticed a small fuel leak on the quick disconnect closest to the grab bar. blink.gif Is this something that can be repaired with a new set of O-rings or does it need a new male end? I did a search and saw "viton" o-rings mentioned. I'm guessing a site sponsor carries these? Thanks for helping me keep it going!!

Ron

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

I have gotten the o-rings for fuel connects from Blackwidow and Canniboomer

chigger81

#3 Post by chigger81 »

It may just be an oring, but it could also be leaking from the plastic treads in the gas tank that the female part of the quick disconnect threads into. Dales are bad about that. At least you should check this. If the bottom of the tank is wet, thats it. You can probably fix that by taking the tank off, removing the female part of the quick disconnect, and putting it back in with a good sealant like permetex. If that leaks, you will have to get a threaded bushing and go with a little bigger hole.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Good call chigger.

RonDK

#5 Post by RonDK »

Actually it was both lol but I took care of the female one before i posted this. It seems to have stopped but I'm going to go pick some up just in case.

NorCalRacer

#6 Post by NorCalRacer »

QUOTE (RonDK @ Aug 13 2006, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually it was both lol but I took care of the female one before i posted this. It seems to have stopped but I'm going to go pick some up just in case.

Get rid of them. The quick disconnects are garbage. There is absolutely nothing in them engineered correctly, they burn up fuel pumps and condtantly fail. Just get normal pet-**** fittings from a bike store or call caniboomer and get his update, I garantee they're just problem after problem waiting to happen.