weird problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
azcannon

#11 Post by azcannon »

I'll make a list

hawksd1

#12 Post by hawksd1 »

Whoever installed the stage eight in mine over sprung the clips so the lil ears were loose and vibration took over... 4 of the ears backed off and the lil springs (rings) rattled around and ate oil pump gears

quadman22

#13 Post by quadman22 »

spark plug is fine... i didnt hook it back up yet to see if there is spark but when i hit the start button the motor is turning because its pushing air out of the top of the cylinder from where the spark plug should be. my coolant is a little low (1- 1 1/2 inches or so below the "full" mark). The coolant does have pieces of gasket material in it from where i laid a bead of silcone around the valve cover. so where am i at now?

quadman22

#14 Post by quadman22 »

plenty of spark. There seems to be a bit of dirt collected in oil over the front of the bik eif this matters... not sure if it came from the tranny hose or not but i cant seem to imagine where else it would be from. Did i maybe over heat?

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

The sudden stalling could have been caused by a bad kill switch, loose ground, or circuit problem -- and then the flywheel could have spun during the stall.... just something else you could check for.

quadman22

#16 Post by quadman22 »

the fly wheel hasnt spun... i have it pinned but i still checked anyways. im starting to think this is electrical?? i just dont know where to go from here. its coming apart tonight anyways cause me and Wes (2000ex) are buildng a C-Dale for the 6 Hours of America race on saturday so what should we look for when we tear it apart?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Start with taking a look in exhaust ports.If you dropped a exhaust valve you can tell by looking at the stems.Sidecover,valvecover then the head if not electrical you will know when you see it.Best bet when a motor seems to lock up violently is to try turning the motor over by hand.If it doesnt turn over by hand on flywheel well then you know motor has to come apart.Eliminates electrical and lessens damage.

yamadjs08

#18 Post by yamadjs08 »

Did you pull your flywheel off? Just because it didnt spin doesnt mean that you couldnt have sheared the timing key... And you have to pull it off to find out.