Vapor Lock?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you ever have any vapor lock issues? There are 3 Cannondales that I race with including mine, and at one point or another we have all had vapor lock issues. I raced yesterday, and I have never ever had vapor lock issues, ever. And of course, last lap, maybe 1/4 mile left and it shuts off and fuel is just bubbling like **** out of my vent hose. Let it cool off for a good 10 minutes and it fired back up and I tore *** to the finish line (after lots of guys went by...). One of my buddies wrapped his header in header wrap, and he after he starting having vapor lock issues (never before either), he wrapped his fuel lines with some insulation stuff. He also tried re-routing them away from the motor but his were already looking pretty good. Obviously I need to do something, I will probably wrap my fuel lines with something and try and re-route them, Ill probably just replace all the lines anyways while Im at it. And maybe Ill wrap my header if it might help... Any ideas? Anybody else have this problem?

ABM-CANNIBAL

#2 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

I went 2 years without any problems and them it started vapor locking. I re-routed the fuel line from on top of the motor to the right side and it went away.