JE Pistons bad???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#91 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe the crankpin and bearing.

CannondaleRider

#92 Post by CannondaleRider »

Well, I guess it's gonna get a Terminator Piston, if they are infact available.

Have Falicon put the right rod on it, along with whatever else is screwed up(still pisses me off that I have to PAY for a new rod, when they screwed it up in the first place)....I hope they don't take forever to get that done.

Maybe some porting......we'll see

cannondale27

#93 Post by cannondale27 »

Remember your crank was rusty also.Could have led to that.How much metal was there anyway?

Did I put a magnet in your sump?

CannondaleRider

#94 Post by CannondaleRider »

How would the surface rust cause problems?

There was quite a bit of metal. In my oil filter, it was just some specs, but nothing major. But, on the magnetic plug, it was a pretty decent size clump of strands of metal.

The bill says you installed a sump magnet.

cannondale27

#95 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I believe I did.take the cover off and check it out.I am sure that would have caught alot.That surface rust could have been on crankpin thats why I was concerned about it.Any imperfections can eventually lead to failure.

CannondaleRider

#96 Post by CannondaleRider »

Yeah, there wasn't any visible rust on anything except for that bare outer ring, on the sides of the crankshaft....but it is possible it was on the pin.

Very odd though, thats the way the crank arrived at my door, the box didn't look disinagrated or anything.......who knows.

I'll go check out the sump magnet though.....

cannondale27

#97 Post by cannondale27 »

Odd is a very nice word for it.

CannondaleRider

#98 Post by CannondaleRider »

Yeah, if it is in fact the cause.....very nice words will be forgotton dry.gif

CannondaleRider

#99 Post by CannondaleRider »

QUOTE (****** @ Nov 2 2006, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It apears here that you let someone put a part in thier machine you had a concern about.

I wasn't really concerned about it at the time, and truthfully, I'm really not concerned now.....I doubt that has anything to do with it. It's possible, yes, but I doubt it.

I've stayed out of all the bickering between You, Steve, Tim and all the others......but I'll say it now, stop stirring up sh!t...

CannondaleRider

#100 Post by CannondaleRider »

It's just many of the POSSIBLE things that could be at fault.

Steve built my motor, he asked about the MINIMAL surface rust, and I wasn't to worried about it. And like I said, I seriously doubt it's the case.

I'm going to pull it out, and find out the exact problem, if it is the surface rust, have at it......go for it........whatever it is your always going for.

All you do here these days is stir up sh!t, you just seem to have a goal of continuing to piss off everybody, and I don't really understand why.

I'd really like to know what the f*ck happened.....I met you in Glamis, and you seemed like an awesome guy.....all your posts on here for a LONG time were great posts, giving positive things to the community, in GREAT ways....then all at once, something clicked, and now you stir up sh!t.......