JE Pistons bad???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CannondaleRider

#101 Post by CannondaleRider »

I said its possible.....I didn't say it WAS.

The piston could be PERFECT for all I know, but it seemed to be the weakest link, being that so many others have had so many problems with them. Not many have had issues with Falicons, not many have had problems with everything in my motor...EXCEPT the JE. So, it seemed that it was the most possible thing.

As for the racing, it should have lasted WAY longer. I ran it at Round 2 in half of Production A(trashed a rim) and Open A, at Round 3 in Production A, and 2 laps of Open A(I wore out ungodly fast), one lap of practice at Round 8 before the clutch fried because of the mud, and Open A and Pro-Am in Pismo Beach....Plus some practice here and there.

All together, 10 hours, tops.........gonna tell me thats acceptable?

CannondaleRider

#102 Post by CannondaleRider »

Most of it isn't desert racing, not nearly as torturous. The burning of the clutch wasn't purely from the mud. The clutch wasn't adjusted correctly, so it was slipping, when I thought it was just lack of traction in the mud.

Also, I'll be the FIRST to say that I DID NOT run this motor hard. This was my first year on a sport bike, I entered A, because I wanted to know exactly where I stood, and I knew it would make me faster, in a shorter period of time. I do not ride the bike at the A-level, not even. I'm still not even used to the 11,000 rpm limiter. I RARELY hit the limiter on it. I'm usually in the lower level of the RPM's, do to my riding style, and the terrain at hand in WORCS races.

There is no way this motor should have gone in that short of time, with the way it was rode....no way

timbomoose

#103 Post by timbomoose »

CannondaleRider, ****** just wants you to fall into his trap and to have someone to argue with. His usual victims have not been taking his bait, so he's looking elsewhere. He's just a miserable person with low self esteme that propably even hates himself. Sad to say but he gets his kicks off of trying to get others mad and miserable too. Don't fall into his trap or he'll follow you around like a wart. Maybe we can all chip in for a fundraiser for some counseling. Sorry to hear about your motor hopefully it will be a cheap fix and good luck!

Happyboy

#104 Post by Happyboy »

I have a falicon, love it. No issues.....but, as with anything, nothing is perfect. Even the best parts out there fail. Goes back to failure rate, what is acceptable.

i say this and the motor gods will strike me down. lol

wistech

#105 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Nov 3 2006, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got the long rod for the falicon and tim is putting it on my crank. Should I now be concerned that the falicon crank is junk and i shouldn't bother putting it back in even with the correct rod?

If it wasnt out of balance and Tim can get it back to true it should be ok. Falicon has a host of quality control issues we have had to deal with. They just need close inspection . It sucks that when some one caughs up such high price for a crank one would expect absolute perfection . Unfortunatly it seems just like so many Cannondale parts and services product quality/performance is not directly proportional to price.

CannondaleRider

#106 Post by CannondaleRider »

Makes me want to get the rod and have Tim do it.

I have two months to get this thing done before the first race, and two and a half before the first important race.

cannondale27

#107 Post by cannondale27 »

The crank is true I checked it.But Chance I will tell you right now I dont see your motor being done in two months.If it is crank related the wait even if sent to Falicon will be longer and if its not the crank since you have a shortrod Falicon it takes a custom piston which as far as I know nobody has in stock.That will also take time to get.Best thing to do is to start now and find whats wrong then get rod,bearing and possibly pin if bad from Falicon and get a local shop to do the crank job.Only issue is balance.Nobody has said whether Falicon is rebalancing the cranks after installing long rod.Anyway then you can use a on the shelf CP piston and have head ported by Timbo in plenty of time.Timbo can turn around Port jobs quick but cranks are really backed up.

cannondale27

#108 Post by cannondale27 »

****** you are correct there is reasons things happen and it is great to question why.Problem is that normally when a sentence like I said "JE's are only good for ashtrays" alot of time and many different scenarios and in this case lots of pistons have failed already.I personally may jump to conclusions once in awhile but when you hear 3 or more of us say same thing it means we are gravely concerned to the point of GET THEM OUT OF YOUR MOTORS NOW!The reason in JE pistons case is simple.The manufacturer messed up.Now Cannondaleriders motor who knows?Could be entirely my fault.Its just a discussion right now bringing up possibilities.
But if you want to bring up a point how about the all around ripping most have taken on thier Falicon cranks?The issues have run the gamut from out of balance,short rods,out of sync,failed crankpins,out of size splines,broken ends and as you know now delivery without any oil on at all and full of rust and unmet delivery dates.Have I ever said a Falicon is junk?No.But some are and if it gets to point where its not worth taking risk of a screw up by manufacturer then I will just generally say they are Anchors!

GDITheman

#109 Post by GDITheman »

I just got the long rod for the falicon and tim is putting it on my crank. Should I now be concerned that the falicon crank is junk and i shouldn't bother putting it back in even with the correct rod?

cannondale27

#110 Post by cannondale27 »

Not as long as Timbo is doing it for you.He will check all the known problems.