JE Pistons bad???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CannondaleRider

#111 Post by CannondaleRider »

Yeah, I was wanting to just get the correct rod and have Tim do it....just because of Falicons quality control issues.....sucks about them being backed up though.

Kenny Sanford at S&S Motorsports will be building it. He's a teammate, and a sponsor of mine, and he's one of the most knowledgable people I've ever met when it comes to Cannondales. He can do my porting, along with basically anything else I need......I keep forgetting to ask if he can do my crank, I wouldn't doubt him being able to, but I need to clarify.

I'll probably pull the motor tomorrow, ship it to Kenny Monday.

wistech

#112 Post by wistech »

Ive found things can get done quickly if it is made very clear to all parties of the goal and timeframe . I have dealt with Falicon and had crankwork from them in less than one week.

Many times its just a matter of proper wording but sometimes a little extra cash can get things done. If I tell my local shop(Kinney Racing) that a z bearing update is no rush then I dont expact to see it ever done. He will however do one while I wait if needed. Its the same for parts as well.

CannondaleRider

#113 Post by CannondaleRider »

Good news. Kenny can do any crankwork that is needed.

I'll have him pull it apart, and I'll have Falicon ship what is needed. About how much is just a rod and bearing? What about a pin, if it is needed?

GDITheman

#114 Post by GDITheman »

QUOTE (CannondaleRider @ Nov 5 2006, 04:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good news. Kenny can do any crankwork that is needed.

I'll have him pull it apart, and I'll have Falicon ship what is needed. About how much is just a rod and bearing? What about a pin, if it is needed?

it's $200 for the rod and bearing. tim has my stuff now.

CannondaleRider

#115 Post by CannondaleRider »

Motor is done, in the bike, running, and ready. Doing final tuning and break in tomorrow biggrin.gif

JE Piston & Sleeve wore pretty well screwed up, not as bad as expected, but still.

Main Bearings were screwed. Crank pin and bearing were gone. Many oil pump parts were done for. $1600 later, it's ready to go mad.gif

Derno24

#116 Post by Derno24 »

Just want to be sure if you are saying the lack of oil caused damage or the crank was going. The piston damage could easily have been caused by excess play so that doesn't interest me too much. Just curious that is all.

cannondale27

#117 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont believe he said any cause.Just what failed.I would greatly appreciate pics of the crank pin,bottom of piston and the wristpin.The sequence of failure can be determined by that.Also how were the cams?Magnets catch anything?

GDITheman

#118 Post by GDITheman »

i got my engine back in on sat. had abttery issues and got it running on sunday. haven't ridden it yet, but sounded good and started right up. tim did not send my JE piston back. i figure it wasn't in good enough shape for an ash tray wink.gif

cannondale27

#119 Post by cannondale27 »

I found another use for them.If you have a Lathe they make a nice endcap for a exhaust.We have to recycle you know.

Derno24

#120 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jan 22 2007, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont believe he said any cause.Just what failed.I would greatly appreciate pics of the crank pin,bottom of piston and the wristpin.The sequence of failure can be determined by that.Also how were the cams?Magnets catch anything?

I wasn't implying anything just curious as to which they thought might be the cause.