Knock noise in engine?????

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Big Winky

#1 Post by Big Winky »

possibilties are broken cam chain adjuster, broken cam cap (the one behind the water pump is the most noted for this) or cart bolts are backing out (see posts about update kit)

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Does it have the stud update?Are metal shavings in the oil filter?The pace of the knock can tell you alot real fast crank related real slow valvetrain or gears.Does it change when in gear with clutch dragging?Above all did this noise change in tone since you first noticed it?My motor is so noisy I wouldnt get my ear 3ft from it without some earplugs!Actually it is just the gears normal.

Big Winky

#3 Post by Big Winky »

27 is right, they are very noisy compared to hondas and the such. if it really bothers you alot, some guys have been known to spray sound deadener on the inside of the timing chain cover, personally i'm not a big fan of adding anything for fear that it wouldn't stay on. i don't need anything other than oil around in there. but if it is a knock like a rod, i'd find out before going too far.

Big Winky

#4 Post by Big Winky »

We're the guys you want to know for the cranks, we're in the process of rebuilding them. first test one is going in a quad this weekend to be used and abused, to make sure we got everything right.

moto50

crank rebuild

#5 Post by moto50 »

What rodkit or bearing dit you use?
how did you get the crank apart?

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

LOL, that information is being kept very secret, we are investing many $ into this project, I will tell you that we are building these cranks better than stock.